Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post subject: CNN - Old Rhinebeck
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:12 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/worl ... index.html

Phil

Post subject: Re: CNN - Old Rhinebeck
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:50 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

That was a nice piece without any drama and some big name exposure. 8)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:49 am 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

Nice to see the SPAD is flying again. If I could have changed one thing about the video, I would have added a few quick shots of their other planes, to convey to potential visitors the variety of what they have there. But a good piece, hope it drives some traffic next season.

August

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:07 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

I don't know why CNN didn't run the article in May or June... :?

Phil

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:08 pm 

It's amazing the neat video you can get today with all the mini-cameras stuck about anywhere on an airframe.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:27 pm 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

phil65 wrote:

Phil

Good Gawd Man! Haven't you been paying attention? The timely stuff like Rhinebeck got pushed outta the way for important stuff. The news is for reporting the latest stupid quote or text from the "Orange Man", the Democrat fair, stupid, or PC reaction to the Orange Man sayeth. The Republican fair or confused response to both. The ISIS and brown hoard invasion of rapists, murderers, biological attackers coming at the southern border, a judge and election Circus Maximus.
Now we're having a slow week and Rhinebeck can resume it's place in line. Next Week: "Where do you plan on spending the 4th of July? and, "Favorite Beaches".... :shock: pop2
Ditto...nice SPAD

"Ahh..."The Deuce", 28,000 pounds of motherly love." quote from some Mojave Grunt
DBF

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:39 pm 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

airnutz wrote:
phil65 wrote:

Phil

Good Gawd Man! Haven't you been paying attention? The timely stuff like Rhinebeck got pushed outta the way for important stuff. The news is for reporting the latest stupid quote or text from the "Orange Man", the Democrat fair, stupid, or PC reaction to the Orange Man sayeth. The Republican fair or confused response to both. The ISIS and brown hoard invasion of rapists, murderers, biological attackers coming at the southern border, a judge and election Circus Maximus.
Now we're having a slow week and Rhinebeck can resume it's place in line. Next Week: "Where do you plan on spending the 4th of July? and, "Favorite Beaches".... :shock: pop2
Ditto...nice SPAD

I disagree. I think it's relevant THIS week for Armistice Day stuff and the story will likely reach and resonate with a wider audience that is thinking about the First World War this week in particular. I say excellent timing.

The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but safety is of the LORD. - Prov. 21:31 - Train, Practice, Trust.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:50 pm 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

RyanShort1 wrote:
airnutz wrote:
phil65 wrote:

Phil

Ditto...nice SPAD

I disagree. I think it's relevant THIS week for Armistice Day stuff and the story will likely reach and resonate with a wider audience that is thinking about the First World War this week in particular. I say excellent timing.

I see your "disagree" Ryan and respectfully raise you an, "I disagree". This is a Travel article that was possibly resurrected for this Armistice Week. They could have spread the love and steered folks toward WWI museums who are available for public attendance this week allowing folks a more personal exposure in remembrance.
Old Rhinebeck is done till May. CNN was being a bit lazy here...hopefully folks did their follow-up to the article before they went driving up to see the planes...

"Ahh..."The Deuce", 28,000 pounds of motherly love." quote from some Mojave Grunt
DBF

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:58 am 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

You are both right. The timing was perfect for the subject matter, but could have been a lot better for the aerodrome.

Maybe the journalist was impressed enough to do a further puff piece next spring. That would be nice.

August

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:43 am 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

August,
You're clearly missing the whole point of the internet.
It is far more important, to point out that both of these people are wrong! (for those who are not familiar with sarcasm, this is it).

Kidding aside, Old Rhinebeck is a lot like a time machine.
There are some unique things to see in an environment one will find nowhere else.

Andy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:59 pm 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

Sorry folks, my head exploded with the state of "current events". Hope you didn't get none on ya'. :oops:

RIP Veteran "Stan Lee" Lieber...

DBF

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:48 pm 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

DH82EH wrote:
August,
You're clearly missing the whole point of the internet.

Thanks Andy! That's the nicest thing anyone said to me today. For 2019 my new year's resolution will be to miss the point of the internet more often ... :D

August

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:59 pm 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

k5083 wrote:
You are both right. The timing was perfect for the subject matter, but could have been a lot better for the aerodrome.

Maybe the journalist was impressed enough to do a further puff piece next spring. That would be nice.

August

I'll be honest, I figured it was true that it wouldn't help the aerodrome that much, but I'm trying to presume the best about the media these days and I figured any positive news coverage that happens to be timely with something that grabs the public's attention is a net positive.

The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but safety is of the LORD. - Prov. 21:31 - Train, Practice, Trust.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:25 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Lon Moer wrote:
That was a nice piece without any drama and some big name exposure. 8)

Well, so much for the lack of drama :rolleyes: