Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 25  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:30 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

This should make a cool four-ship at Oshkosh. Latest maintenance intel on all four jets is good. Fingers crossed they all make it.

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:23 am 

Quote:
This should make a cool four-ship at Oshkosh.

That's going to be Awesome!!!

Steven L

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:27 pm 

would make a great 4 ship, but are all of the pilots certified to fly in a close 4 ship formation? Not sure who flies the Skyblazers F-86 now. Snodgrass used to fly it at the TICO show, but he hasn't for the past few years.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:15 pm 

FAR148 wrote:
Quote:
This should make a cool four-ship at Oshkosh.

That's going to be Awesome!!!

Steven L

Yes, yes, yes!!! :supz:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:17 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Boeing666 wrote:
would make a great 4 ship, but are all of the pilots certified to fly in a close 4 ship formation? Not sure who flies the Skyblazers F-86 now. Snodgrass used to fly it at the TICO show, but he hasn't for the past few years.

Yes all four F-86 pilots are fully capable and qualified to fly close four ship formation and we hope to do so.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:33 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Paul I'm not a big fan of any of those paints schemes or the fact all four are missing props so I'll probably skip your 4-ship, but I will be at OSH for about three days this year. That's if I survive the latest round of fires out here in the Santa Barbara area.

Now where's that "Hide behind the wall" smilie? .... ah! here it is ... :hide:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

BTW I forgot to state ....

Those are stunning sabres and I hope to see you guys doing your thing at OSH ...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:56 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Mark Allen M wrote:
Paul I'm not a big fan of any of those paints schemes or the fact all four are missing props so I'll probably skip your 4-ship, but I will be at OSH for about three days this year. That's if I survive the latest round of fires out here in the Santa Barbara area.

Now where's that "Hide behind the wall" smilie? .... ah! here it is ... :hide:

I hear ya Mark, I don't like the paint schemes either, especially that gaudy polished Sabre with the red trim. :twisted: However I am slowly warming up to the one with the "Love American Style" scheme. Track me down if you make it! 8)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:14 am 

The question now becomes what day will this four ship be taking place? I do not usually sit out on the show line every day (especially after some of the early 2000 era shows) but with this years schedule I already have Monday, Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday as warbird show portions not to miss.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:01 pm 
Paul - really looking forward to this maybe finally being the year of the 4-ship Sabre formation!

:wink:

Fingers crossed!

I should be there about every day from Sunday through Saturday, so almost any day would work for me. Even doing it on two different days would be great if it could be fit in the schedule. Heard that Thursday may be the vintage jet day...is that a likely day it could happen?

Keep us posted.

8)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:05 pm 
And what about T-33's, Paul? Any word on how many we may expect this year? I know that Greg Colyer is scheduled to have his Ace Maker II T-33 there this year. Would be outstanding to see him in formation with some other T-33's and possibly with some of the Sabres.

8)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Looks like webcams come alive at 7:00 AM local time Tuesday morning.

https://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/eaa-a ... rm=webcams

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:47 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Looks like four T-33s this year. Mine, Colyer, Doug Matthews and Ken Pachalski's silver/red jet. If all goes as planned, all four Sabres should be at Oshkosh by Monday. We haven't put our heads together yet on what day(s) we're aiming for a Sabre four ship but we definitely want to make it happen. It's possible we will do it in the air show on day(s) they schedule jet warbirds. The air show schedule won't be known to us til AirVenture officially starts. Now that I think about it, we should have enough qualified pilots to put a four ship of Sabres and T-33s in the air at the same time. Don't wanna get hopes up (mine included), but that'd be cool. In any case, I'll try to provide updates on plans.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:36 am 

As per the Canadian Warplane Heritage facebook page, they are bringing their B-25 "Hot Gen" to Airventure to participate in the B-25 Dolittle gathering.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:02 pm 
KiwiZac

Dan K wrote:
Looks like webcams come alive at 7:00 AM local time Tuesday morning.

As someone who seems perpetually unable to attend, these are always very welcome to see! Luckily next week isn't too busy at work for me.

"It's his plane, he spent the money to restore it, he can do with it what he wants. I will never understand what's hard to comprehend about this." - kalamazookid, 20/08/2013
"The more time you spend around warbirds the sooner you learn nothing, is simple." - JohnB, 24/02/22

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 25  Next