Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Re: C119

Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:18 pm

These show the RCAF C119 when my father was a flight engineer at Capodichino Italy in the United Nations scheme in 1956 and another showing the standard RCAF scheme taken somewhere in the North. Judging by the size of the Christmas tree it must be above the tree line!

Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:00 pm

"It'll look better with the ornaments on it - just turn the flat side to the wall. Ho, Ho, Ho!" :santa:

Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:20 pm

K-55 Osan, Korea ....

Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:07 pm

That tree is a disgrace to Canada! :)

I'd expect more from the the land of Mounties and lumberjacks (cue the M. Python song).

Still not a huge fan of the radar nose, but love the old RCAF paint scheme...it looked great on B-25s and C-45s.

Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:27 am

JohnB wrote:That tree is a disgrace to Canada! :)

I'd expect more from the the land of Mounties and lumberjacks (cue the M. Python song).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgaRd4d8hOY

Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:20 am

OMG! Enuff with the Lumberjack Couture! This fashion trend is getting obnoxiou....wait a minute...that lumberjack looks familiar. Is that you Mr. Bimmler? He was with the Hilter party at a boarding house in Somerset a few years back planning a trip on the continent. A couple of those Mounties are suspect as well. Hmmmn, curiouser and curiouser...

Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:30 am

No guys you got it all wrong here is the true Lumberjack Song! My father in law used to work the booms on the Ottawa river once fell through under the logs. One of his buddies reached down through the logs and managed to pull him up single handed while still balanced on the logs. I guess there is some similarities to flying the 119, after all those twin booms.....................? The second video probably sums up the experiences of the Boxcar crews, I know it was for my father as a flight engineer on 119 from '53 to the end of their service with the RCAF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upsZZ2s3xv8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJB1nHYSyFM

Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:43 pm

Noha307 wrote:
Mick G wrote:1) Does anybody have an current list of survivors, I think the one on Wikipedia needs some updating.

Thanks for the heads up. It's now on my list. Hopefully I can get to it before I drive myself crazy with this stuff.

After spending 2+ evenings working on it, the C-119 survivors list on Wikipedia is finally fixed up. (Before)

Also, since I didn't see it posted before, here's a link to a Warbirds News story on the C-119 the AMCM just picked up: Air Mobility Command Museum Rescues C-119

Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:30 am

Noha307 wrote:
Noha307 wrote:
Mick G wrote:1) Does anybody have an current list of survivors, I think the one on Wikipedia needs some updating.

Thanks for the heads up. It's now on my list. Hopefully I can get to it before I drive myself crazy with this stuff.

After spending 2+ evenings working on it, the C-119 survivors list on Wikipedia is finally fixed up. (Before)

Also, since I didn't see it posted before, here's a link to a Warbirds News story on the C-119 the AMCM just picked up: Air Mobility Command Museum Rescues C-119

Good on you Noha for updating wiki! Well done.

Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:27 pm

Noha307 wrote:
Noha307 wrote:

Good on you Noha307!!

Last year I started updating the hopelessly out of date C 46 Survivor list and have it very accurate now. There are some missing numbers on the Asian examples, hopefully someone travelling can fill in the blanks eventually.

Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:06 pm

RCAF C-119G, 22103 at National Warplane Museum Geneseo, NY.

Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:23 pm

Mick G wrote:Last year I started updating the hopelessly out of date C 46 Survivor list and have it very accurate now. There are some missing numbers on the Asian examples, hopefully someone travelling can fill in the blanks eventually.

Oh, so this is you! I was wondering who was doing that updating!
Post a reply