Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:26 am 

In April this year I posted some pictures of aircraft parts I found in my area. I live in Cavtat in Konavle region near town of Dubrovnik in Republic of Croatia.
At that time I didn't know anything about it and I asked for help about it. From that time my life turned into a roller-coaster ride. It all started from visiting site of a crashed aircraft in WW2. I got hooked and decided to do proper research, to find documents, parts, witnesses and so on. At that time I was thinking there could be few of them and it turned out to be somewhere around 10 plus. Not all of them are mine, some of them were researched before but I took them all in one collection. One some cases I was able to find witnesses from that time, documents, parts and site. For some I have only documents, pictures, and I am still searching for rest. My life turned into some kind race against time because witnesses were people in their late 80 or early 90 and I was able to find some of them. I met lots of people who became friends all over the world and I wrote to many of them. For some cases I was able to find family as well. I spent hours visiting small villages in my area and asking questions about these cases and nights searching the internet about any clues or proofs I could find. Many people were glad and willing to share anything they knew. I put names for all those who helped me in my work.
One case is under investigation and I cannot share information about it until official investigation is done (out of my hands). One is from WW1 and one is from late 60 (my first jet). I have some more cases but still unconfirmed so I didn't post them yet.
In the next period I will post pictures and information I gathered during few months period.
It was nice...
As the research went on I realized that I found so many parts and that museum is the next step. Few days ago I got green light from Mayor of Konavle and Council and we are now in talks about opening some sort of museum.
So if you ever come to Dubrovnik, go and visit Konavle, it is beautiful and rich with history...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/reaV4TYIQHeBGKaj2

Last edited by Drifter206 on Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:29 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:09 pm 

I'm very interested in this. I've been to Croatia before and go to that part of the world from time to time. Can you tell us more about your proposed museum? What kinds of aircraft and/or parts have you found?

By the way, the link to your picture did not come through.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:24 am 

OD/NG wrote:
I'm very interested in this. I've been to Croatia before and go to that part of the world from time to time. Can you tell us more about your proposed museum? What kinds of aircraft and/or parts have you found?

By the way, the link to your picture did not come through.

Hello
I put link to the picture I posted, I don't know why photo bucket link is not working???
Museum will be some sort of historical museum of my county and we will put parts and things I found in here, like some sort of memorial room. This is still under development. I will let museum people to decide what will be the best choice.
Cases are most from ww2 period plus one from ww1 and one from probably late 60 (F86 Sabre). For all those cases we have at least one thing, like picture or written proof, or witness or parts.
Some cases are completed with parts, documents, witnesses and locations. In the future I will post them in here, I'm sorting them right now.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/reaV4TYIQHeBGKaj2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:03 pm 

Fantastic, thanks for the info! Best of luck on the museum, I'm looking forward to updates on its progress!