Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post subject: Jay Wisler closes down..
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:31 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Just popped over to Jay's website to look for something and got a surprise. As of 2 October, Jay has shut down and sold all his inventory. Ron Fagen has bought it all and is expecting to have things available again in March or so.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:09 pm 

Well that's kind of sad. I've been buying stuff from him since the 80's. Anybody know why this is? I'm assuming he's finally retired and is calling it quits?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:12 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Looks like he's retiring from the website info.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:40 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Warbird Parts and Memorabilia

As of October 02, 2017 we have sold our business, established in 1982. We would like to personally thank each of our many customers who have purchased from us over the past 35 years. It has been a great business and many lasting relationships were formed. We are happy to announce that the new owners are well known to the Warbird community. The family of Evan, Ron and Diane Fagen will relocate the inventory to their home base in Granite Falls, Mn. (FAGEN FIGHTERS RESTORATION). Their plan is to have the inventory available to sell around March of April 2018.

Good Luck to Evan & Family!

Thanks again,

Jay & Sharon Wisler

http://www.warbird-parts.com/

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:12 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Where were they and how broad was their inventory? Type specific, or a mix of stuff?

Just curious...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:43 pm 

Jay was a fantastic resource to source just about anything related to warbirds. Though he dealt mostly with parts, equipment, manuals, and other memorabilia, he also was involved in complete aircraft projects as well. His business is down in Florida, and if I remember correctly, he was responsible for recovering several warbirds from the swamps in the Southeast. I want to say he had a hand in recoveries of a P-47, P-40, and a P-51C. Don't quote me on those, but I'm going from decades old memories. Perhaps someone here can give a rundown on what he had a hand in.

A great many aircraft restoration companies and businesses sought Jay's help on obtaining many rare or hard to find items for restorations. He was known as the "go to guy" to find virtually any part. I've heard people in the past say, when looking for an "unobtainium" part, "if anybody can find it, Jay can find it".

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

jay, congrats on your retirement!! you sure earned it!! the foundation of my collection which dates back to the mid 1980's is mostly related to you. you were also very kind to help me w/ my magazine article of a few years past if you remember. i'm still very active in aviation collecting / buying / selling / brokering items, so look me up some time. enjoy yourself!!
tom

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:35 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Jay
Retirement is great, enjoy.
Stoney