Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:25 pm 
WRG Editor
WRG Editor

Images from the Luftwaffe Resource Center Archives...

That will buff out...

any landing you can walk away from...

Ju 87B being used as a glider tug.

Ju 87G-2 "Panzerknacker"

Ju 87G-2 "Panzerknacker"

Allied personnel milling around captured Ju 87

Allied personnel milling around captured Ju 87

Ju 87B

Ju 87D, Winter 1943

Be civil, be polite, be nice.... or be elsewhere.
-------------------------------------------------------
This site is brought to you with the support of members like you. If you find this site to be of value to you,
consider supporting this forum and the Warbirds Resource Group with a VOLUNTARY subscription
For as little as $2/month you can help ($2 x 12 = $24/year, less than most magazine subscriptions)
So If you like it here, and want to see it grow, consider helping out.

Thanks to everyone who has so generously supported the site. We really do appreciate it.

Follow us on Twitter! @WIXHQ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:16 pm 
WRG Editor
WRG Editor

Ju 87G-2

Italian Ju 87B

Ju 87D

Ju 87B

Ju 87A

Stuka Stamp

Ju 87 Assembly line

This site is brought to you with the support of members like you. If you find this site to be of value to you,
consider supporting this forum and the Warbirds Resource Group with a VOLUNTARY subscription
For as little as $2/month you can help ($2 x 12 = $24/year, less than most magazine subscriptions)

Thanks to everyone who has so generously supported the site. We really do appreciate it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good stuff Scott,

Below a Junkers Ju-87C-1 Stuka (navalized)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:42 pm 

Bulldog of the skies :supz:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:50 pm 

Too bad you don't have any photos of them going down in flames, preferably taking the crew with them. If ever there was a symbol of pure evil, those things are it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:50 pm 

I totally disagree. A beautiful plane, and one with a very significant history.

As a aside, I gave a tour to a friend of mine and his mother at the Planes of Fame museum many years ago...She had been born in Germany during 1939. She liked most of the planes, but when she saw the "D" Mustang, made a comment like the one above. She had the right I suppose, as she had only seen the Mustang strafing columns of refugees. For us living in this time, its either about preservation and remembrance, or it isn't.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

ignomini wrote:
Too bad you don't have any photos of them going down in flames, preferably taking the crew with them. If ever there was a symbol of pure evil, those things are it.

Sounds like this website's not for you, perhaps "I still hate Nazi's.com" would be better. :roll:

This is a Warbird website, unless I'm mistaken a Ju-87 Stuka is a Warbird.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:35 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

ignomini wrote:

Perhaps your log in name should read 'igno-rant'

https://www.classicwings.com/

Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/ClassicWingsMagazine/

Preserved Axis Aircraft

http://www.classicwings.com

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:05 pm 

Quote:

I would be interested in understanding what prompted this statement.

B

Johnny's Mother : "Don't be silly Dear - you can't do both!"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:16 am 

seagull61785 wrote:
Quote:

I would be interested in understanding what prompted this statement.

B
Me too!

Ignomini, do you have a relative that perished under the Nazi's? If so, I can understand your sentiment. However, all history needs to be remembered - even the Nazi's. If we don't remember them and their atrocities, then it will happen again. Also, not all German military members were bad. There were some that were very noble such as Claus Von Stauffenberg, Erwin Rommel, and others. Some former German military members, after the war, even fought for our side in wars that the U.S. military was involved in. Sometimes you can't help where you were born and you must fight on the "wrong side". Lest anybody think I am a Nazi sympathizer, I'm not. I categorically reject everything the Nazi's stood for. But, I'm also smart enough to know there are good and bad people on all sides of war. Painting everybody with a broad brush is wrong, in my opinion.

By the way, I like this thread. Everyone please post more Stuka pictures!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:32 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Three thoughts; 1) What is the performance of the Stuka compared with? A TBM, or Yak, Super T-6, or Piper Navajo? I think if anyone was going to invest a couple million dollars in a replica they would have to be able to compare it to something available.

2) My sister and I had a piano teacher that was Austrian. He had a PHd but had spent 8 of his early years in the German infantry in WW II. I was 8 or 10 and was asking him about the war. Then I started asking him about Hitler, Stukas, etc. I must have seen the movie B of B. He went berzerk, starting cussing in german about G.D. Hitler and those G.D. Stukas. The german infantrymen hated them as much as anyone because they sometimes dropped bombs on the wrong side. He despised the siren as well. Too much death and destruction for nothing.

3) I tis a fascinating piece of history. Would love to see a couple flying examples. It was used not just as a piece of warfighting equipment but as a personal piece of Hitler's and Himmler's propaganda. Hitler loved dive bombing the troops as he could understand it from WW I and Spain. He didn't understand much of the advanced weapons. So for me it does represent a lot of evil.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:08 pm 
WRG Editor
WRG Editor

marine air wrote:
Three thoughts; 1) What is the performance of the Stuka compared with? A TBM, or Yak, Super T-6, or Piper Navajo? I think if anyone was going to invest a couple million dollars in a replica they would have to be able to compare it to something available.

Pure speculation but I'd say closer to a Avenger than the others listed. It's quite a lot bigger than most people realize.

marine air wrote:
3) I tis a fascinating piece of history. Would love to see a couple flying examples. It was used not just as a piece of warfighting equipment but as a personal piece of Hitler's and Himmler's propaganda. Hitler loved dive bombing the troops as he could understand it from WW I and Spain. He didn't understand much of the advanced weapons. So for me it does represent a lot of evil.

It was actually quite successful in it's designed role as well as others that it was forced into. However, it's use needed to be limited to areas where at least air superiority was held. The majority of its bad reputation occurred when it was used in the Battle of Britain where it's vulnerability to fighters was quickly revealed.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:58 am 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Stuka galore from Rod's excellent warbird pix site: http://www.luftwaffephotos.com/lju871.htm

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:39 pm 
KiwiZac

One day I'll see the FHCAM Stuka fly. pop1

"It's his plane, he spent the money to restore it, he can do with it what he wants. I will never understand what's hard to comprehend about this." - kalamazookid, 20/08/2013
"The more time you spend around warbirds the sooner you learn nothing, is simple." - JohnB, 24/02/22