Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Re: Airworthy P-47's

Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:04 pm

Thanks for that list, John.

Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:08 pm

So I have a question. In the late '80s I saw an early P-47 at Geneseo named IIRC "Little Demon". It poured rain on the airshow that day, so I never saw that plane fly. Does anyone know what it's nickname is now and where it lives?

Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:11 pm

Mark Sampson wrote:So I have a question. In the late '80s I saw an early P-47 at Geneseo named IIRC "Little Demon". It poured rain on the airshow that day, so I never saw that plane fly. Does anyone know what it's nickname is now and where it lives?

"Little Demon" is now "Snafu" with Friedkin in Texas.

Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:19 am

Does Kermit Weeks have a P-47 project squirrelled away?

Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:31 am

Yes, 44-32814, but it is not an active project - it is stored in a shipping container at Fantasy of Flight. There was a WWII Thunderbolt pilot that visited back in 2012 and the container was opened up so that he could have a look at it. The aircraft last saw service in Venezuela, where it served beginning in 1949 and where it remained until it was put up for sale in the early 2000's. It has been registered to Weeks since 2003, and it would/will make for a great airworthy restoration project.
Post a reply