Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Re: USAFM B-24 Strawberry Bitch

Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:10 pm

rcaf_100 wrote:Not sure where the argument is, as she's ex-RCAF Yale 3417, purchased from Ernie Simmons in the late 60's before his death (and was not in the famous 1970 auction) She was initially in Michigan with a couple of different owners as N4737G, and went to Edwin Schnepf/Challenge Publications in 1974 where she was restored as a 'BT-9B' in paint only. Donated to the USAFM circa 1978. The only thing done to her that I can see is that the characteristic carb air scoop at the top of the cowling has been removed and replaced with an ....empty hole :roll: I always get a chuckle at the display...an NA-64 painted as a BT-9 but labeled as a BT-14. Sigh...Unfortunately the NA-64 is essentially a mix of BT-9 and BT-14 components. BT-9 wing and engine with BT-14 fuselage and tail feathers.

Maybe not so much "argument" as "confusion" due to the signage. :wink: I remember seeing her flying on the cover of Air Classics back in the 70s.

SN
Post a reply