Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Here's the photos that made the big fuss. I've seen these photos posted in other flickr accounts, facebook pages, other hosting websites, this site and even magazines. They've been plastered all over the internet for years with ZERO WATERMARKS or any real way to know who owns them. And I can tell you with complete honesty that I DID NOT download these photos from this guys flickr site, even though it looks he has it set to allow random downloads. I've had copies of them forever. Someone wanted to see some AU-1 photos and I posted these photos. I had no idea who the original owner of these photos was and still don't know if this guy Ron Monroe, whom I've never heard of, is the real owner yet he's the guy who's upset. By him being upset and crying about it on a model airplane forum, I've given the guy the benefit of the doubt and canned the photos. Having them isn't worth it to me or Lynn, but it's just another excuse to end CRAP for good. I'll make it clear that if this dude or anyone continues to attempt to slander me or Lynn again over allegedly claiming ownership of old photos with out proof I won't hesitate to take action myself. I hope this fool reads this.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/52810288@ ... 9490381795

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:04 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

in 1970 I landed at a airport near Tucson, AZ and there were 4 F4Us parked there, could these be the same ones? if so everybody in the SW probable has pix of them.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:53 pm 
Jump Street

On the mudslides, very sorry to hear about it. Honestly, I didn't even know much about it till I saw something on my cousin's facebook posts. Her and husband just bought a house in Montecito this past summer. Her house was spared so far, but she texted me some photos of friends houses and other scenes around. It's unreal. First the fires, then this. Just awful. I hope you, friends, and the town get through this as best you can and that the nightmare will end and normalcy can come back for you all.

As far as CRAP, what BS. Shame that a few bad apples ruined it for everyone. But, I get the decision. Still look forward to your posts on here and pictures!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:44 pm 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

All this fuss because of Bob Bean's ratty old Corsairs? :? :roll: Some of the most photographed warbirds around - hardly a year goes by that someone doesn't turn up with a "I-took-some-photos-of-these-old-airplanes" story about them.

Man, Mark, I know you don't need that cr@p right now. Yours isn't the only loss to history - the Forgotten Jets site used to have tons of photos of individual aircraft, but there was grousing from a few folks (mainly overseas) about some of them so they were all pulled by the owner. (Luckily some of the pages were saved complete to archive.org)

My condolences on the loss of your friends. Were there any damages around Cuyama? My friend has a ranch near there with a riverbed running through it that floods out now and then.

Mechanic: "Flap switch checked OK. Pilot needs more P.T." - Flight report, TB-17G 42-102875 (Hobbs AAF)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Chris, Cuyama is fine.
Tried again today to go help. No luck. Will try again tomorrow. 1/3 of the searchers are inmates brought in from all over the state. Just donated more $$$. Don’t care if I go broke.