Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:26 am 

It was confirmed a few weeks ago than P51 "Moonbeam Mc Swine" is heading back to the USA, acquired as a tribute for the late Vlado Lenoch.
It looks a deal was done with its current owner and another warbird is heading to France to replace her.

Did someone have more information about this replacement plane ?

Regards

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:33 am 

Outstanding!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:10 pm 

the best news of the year so far.....i saw her at flying legends at duxford in 2014,she is stunning and she will be a great tribute to a wonderful warbird pilot and human being.
:supz:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:00 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

I don't know who is responsible for that, but I'd buy them a beer.

It's probably fair to say that we will never stop missing Vlado. What a mark he left on this community.

Lynn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:24 pm 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

lmritger wrote:
I don't know who is responsible for that, but I'd buy them a beer.

It's probably fair to say that we will never stop missing Vlado. What a mark he left on this community.

Lynn

If I had to venture a guess, I would say the same museum that owned Baby Duck....but it is a guess
Who ever it is, GREAT JOB!!!!

Check out the Ercoupe Discussion Group on facebook

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:40 pm 

The Warbird Heritage Foundation is pleased to announce the homecoming of Moonbeam McSwine. WHF has purchased Moonbeam from its most recent owner, Mr Frederic Akary of France. Moonbeam has arrived in the US and will be re-assembled at Tab-Air in East Troy , Wisconsin. This is the Mustang that Vlado Lenoch flew for over 20 years on the US airshow circuit and we hope to have it flying again soon to honor Vlado's memory. The new aircraft registration number will be N51VL. Look for it in the skies this summer.

David

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:07 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Such a lovely N-number! 8)

PIC, Ford 6600 pulling Rhino batwing up and down the runway

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:41 pm 

PRESS RELEASE
For Immediate Release
April 25, 2018

-RETURNING HOME-
NORTH AMERICAN P-51D MUSTANG
"Moonbeam McSwine"

Courtesy Aircraft of Rockford, IL & The Warbird Heritage Foundation are delighted to announce the homecoming of Moonbeam McSwine. WHF has purchased Moonbeam from its most recent owner, Mr. Frederic Akary of France. Courtesy Aircraft Sales assisted all parties with this successful yet complex sale.

Moonbeam has now arrived in the United States and will be re-assembled at Tab-Air in East Troy, Wisconsin. This is the same Mustang that the late Vlado Lenoch flew for over 20 years on the United States airshow circuit. The plan is to have the aircraft flying again soon in commemoration of Vlado's memory. The new aircraft registration number will be N51VL in honor of him. Look for it in the skies this summer.

Courtesy Aircraft Sales has a long history with this particular Mustang. Courtesy first sold the aircraft to Vlado Lenoch in 1988 and then sold to Fred Akary(France) in 2012, and now to the Warbird Heritage Foundation in 2018.

Who Was Vlado Lenoch?
The Courtesy Aircraft Staff knew Vlado as a kind man who was friends to all in the aviation industry. He took the time to answer anyone's questions and he was always willing to help out others. He was an excellent pilot who ferried many warbird aircraft for Courtesy Aircraft over the years. He began flying when he was only 17, and went on to work for Boeing as an instructor. He later flew Boeing 727s and DC-9s for major airlines. In the most recent years, he was a warbird pilot who was rated to fly everything from P-51s, P-40s, and P-47s to F-86s and T-33s. Vlado was a founding member of the USAF Heritage Flight, which pairs vintage warbirds with modern military aircraft for performances at air shows around the United States

Courtesy Aircraft Sales
http://www.courtesyaircraft.com
World Leader in Warbird Sales

www.courtesyaircraft.com

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:52 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Mark Clark wrote:
PRESS RELEASE
For Immediate Release
April 25, 2018

-RETURNING HOME-
NORTH AMERICAN P-51D MUSTANG
"Moonbeam McSwine"

Courtesy Aircraft of Rockford, IL & The Warbird Heritage Foundation are delighted to announce the homecoming of Moonbeam McSwine. WHF has purchased Moonbeam from its most recent owner, Mr. Frederic Akary of France. Courtesy Aircraft Sales assisted all parties with this successful yet complex sale.

Moonbeam has now arrived in the United States and will be re-assembled at Tab-Air in East Troy, Wisconsin. This is the same Mustang that the late Vlado Lenoch flew for over 20 years on the United States airshow circuit. The plan is to have the aircraft flying again soon in commemoration of Vlado's memory. The new aircraft registration number will be N51VL in honor of him. Look for it in the skies this summer.

Courtesy Aircraft Sales has a long history with this particular Mustang. Courtesy first sold the aircraft to Vlado Lenoch in 1988 and then sold to Fred Akary(France) in 2012, and now to the Warbird Heritage Foundation in 2018.

Who Was Vlado Lenoch?
The Courtesy Aircraft Staff knew Vlado as a kind man who was friends to all in the aviation industry. He took the time to answer anyone's questions and he was always willing to help out others. He was an excellent pilot who ferried many warbird aircraft for Courtesy Aircraft over the years. He began flying when he was only 17, and went on to work for Boeing as an instructor. He later flew Boeing 727s and DC-9s for major airlines. In the most recent years, he was a warbird pilot who was rated to fly everything from P-51s, P-40s, and P-47s to F-86s and T-33s. Vlado was a founding member of the USAF Heritage Flight, which pairs vintage warbirds with modern military aircraft for performances at air shows around the United States

Courtesy Aircraft Sales
http://www.courtesyaircraft.com
World Leader in Warbird Sales

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:36 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Truly an excellent tribute to an excellent man. I never had the pleasure of meeting Vlado but I felt I came to know him through WIX and Facebook. So glad to hear Moonbeam is back home and flying in Vlado's honor.

Dedicated to the preservation and education of The Sikorsky Memorial Airport

CASC Blog Page: http://ctair-space.blogspot.com/
Warbird Wear: https://www.redbubble.com/people/warbirdwear/shop

Chicks Dig Warbirds.......right?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:30 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Moonbeam is the first P-51 I remember seeing as a kid. It's going to be a little bittersweet seeing it flown by someone other than Vlado, but a wonderful tribute and in the hands of a well-run organization.