Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:30 am 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

43-2195 wrote:
And what about Airnutz suggestion that this is Shayrat airfield, do you have any reference to confirm that? Airnutz statement of 7th Aprli 2017 is extremely specific, and reasonably positive if someone had the foresight to recognize the components were rare and valuable.

Sorry 43-2195, that was a bit of bad humour on my part. I have no clue as to the capabilities of the Tomahawk cruise missiles to discern rare and valuable aircraft relics from Su-22's....nor where the Spits and Meteors were that day. :twisted:

"Ahh..."The Deuce", 28,000 pounds of motherly love." quote from some Mojave Grunt
DBF

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:45 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

43-2195 wrote:
Peter A, thanks for posting the photo. I can only see one Spitfire in that photo, do you have any proof or reason to believe there were others? And what about Airnutz suggestion that this is Shayat airfield, do you have any reference to confirm that? Airnutz statement of 7th Apri 2017 is extremely specific, and reasonably positive if someone had the foresight to recognize the components were rare and valuable.

There was a clipping in Aeroplane Monthly years ago (I have it buried some where) showing at least four lined up IIRC taken by Tallichet.

https://www.classicwings.com/

Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/ClassicWingsMagazine/

Preserved Axis Aircraft

http://www.classicwings.com

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:15 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

It's difficult to think of a more difficult place to retrieve warbirds. The Syrians are killing their own civilians with poison gas, Russian mercenaries and ISIS are there, and Iranian operatives, and those loyal to Assad, a true madman. Oh, almost forgot U'S. and other forces are there fighting a war. Good luck!

Suggest trying Libya and other places in Africa. Can't be any more dangerous.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:00 am 

I was impressed with your intel airnutz. I should be more cautious when what I seek just happens to fall into my lap. :drink3:

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR P-38 PARTS

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:44 am 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

43-2195 wrote:
I was impressed with your intel airnutz. I should be more cautious when what I seek just happens to fall into my lap. :drink3:

Google is your friend. Try to vette your info before repeating it. Beware of April humour! I had nothing on April 1st...then The Donald repeated his act of last April(fortunately, this time they hit stuff worth hitting)+The Syrian Spitfire thread+twisted sadistic mind=I canna let this go... :twisted: :drink3:

"Ahh..."The Deuce", 28,000 pounds of motherly love." quote from some Mojave Grunt
DBF