Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Re: XP-82 Twin Mustang May 2018 UPDATE and walk-around Video

Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:51 am

Are they conducting the taxi tests without the engine access panels installed? If so, why do they do it that way? Safety for quick access?

Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:05 am

Boeing666 wrote:If it were to fly sometime this week, how many required hours of flight would it need for testing before it could go to OSH?

Someone told me 40 hours. If true, I doubt it will make OSH.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:58 am

Pogmusic wrote:Are they conducting the taxi tests without the engine access panels installed? If so, why do they do it that way? Safety for quick access?

My guess, easier to look for leaks or other issues.

Phil

Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:57 am

Tom reported on Facebook that they had "successful high speed taxi tests" on Monday. He said she would be flying very soon.

Anybody got a feel for the latest? I can understand that he's busy, so thought I'd see if anybody here has been stopping by to see what's going on.

Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:18 pm

Sasnak wrote:Tom reported on Facebook that they had "successful high speed taxi tests" on Monday. He said she would be flying very soon.

Anybody got a feel for the latest? I can understand that he's busy, so thought I'd see if anybody here has been stopping by to see what's going on.

The Green Dot guys at EAA said first flight was suppose to happen two days ago. I'd like to think when it flies we'd hear about it. Every day it doesn't fly it's that much more likely it won't make Oshkosh.

Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:28 pm

Literally about 8 days until Oshkosh. Unless if they got it in the air tomorrow and brought it toward the end of the week to Oshkosh. Might not make it for opening day Monday, but maybe it could come in for Friday/Saturday

Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:00 pm

I'd love to see it at Oshkosh, but I'd much rather they take their time and be safe. Never really expected them to make it this year.

Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:08 am

Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:53 am

Bueller?......Bueller?..........Bueller?.......Bueller?

Has anyone's best friend's sister's boy friend's brother's girlfriend heard from the guy who knows the kid who's going with the girl who saw whether the XP-82 has flown yet?

Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:38 am

From an individual who visited the project over the weekend, they are still waiting for paperwork to come back from the FAA to allow them to start flight testing. The paperwork is expected possibly this week, but they will still have to put 25 hours of flight time on it (according to the source) before they can bring it anywhere.

Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:04 am

Has the test pilot been revealed yet? Steve Hinton, Stu Dawson, or ?

Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:53 am

JohnTerrell wrote:From an individual who visited the project over the weekend, they are still waiting for paperwork to come back from the FAA to allow them to start flight testing. The paperwork is expected possibly this week, but they will still have to put 25 hours of flight time on it (according to the source) before they can bring it anywhere.

Cant fly without an A/W cert.... So it wins grand champion next year instead of this year......

Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:41 pm

Tom has acknowledged that the XP-82 will not be able to attend Oshkosh this year.

https://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/eaa-a ... airventure

Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:43 pm

Sasnak wrote:Tom has acknowledged that the XP-82 will not be able to attend Oshkosh this year.

And that's the right call.

Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:23 pm

mazdaP5 wrote:
Sasnak wrote:Tom has acknowledged that the XP-82 will not be able to attend Oshkosh this year.

And that's the right call.

Agreed!
Post a reply