Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 21  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:57 pm 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

jwc50 wrote:
Hopefully it won't happen, but even if it sells you would think the new owner (domestic or foreign) would want to show it at Oshkosh.

Kinda what I was thinking. What owner wouldn't enjoy unpacking his new bird from the crate with an Osh award? It's certain to win something if not all the marbles?

"Ahh..."The Deuce", 28,000 pounds of motherly love." quote from some Mojave Grunt
DBF

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:00 am 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Fighterjets Inc. lists the MiG-17F and MiG-17PF for Oshkosh!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:56 pm 

4RG.I.'S wrote:
Here's a "what if"...
What if the XP-82 sells and relocates out of the country before Oshkosh?! Though the thought of a new owner not having it there to almost certainly win Grand Champion seems almost counter productive, it is a possibility... The idea came from corresponding with the restoration team about their pins and patches. I inquired about paying for them in advance and picking them up at Airventure. The reply was basically if it sells, they wont be there and the aircraft may not be either...

Tom Reilly the owner and builder of it was at Sun N Fun speaking during the Warbirds in Review there about the XP-82. He said it is NOT for sale. He been trying to buy one for a long time so he isn't getting rid of it anytime soon. He's getting up there in age, so he may eventually sell it for that reason but doesn't look like it is going anywhere before Oshkosh

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:17 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Boeing666 wrote:
Tom Reilly the owner and builder of it was at Sun N Fun speaking during the Warbirds in Review there about the XP-82. He said it is NOT for sale. He been trying to buy one for a long time so he isn't getting rid of it anytime soon. He's getting up there in age, so he may eventually sell it for that reason but doesn't look like it is going anywhere before Oshkosh

That's interesting. At one time, Tom was looking for investors in the project, with a plan of selling when complete and making a good profit for him and his investors. I can't imagine he (personally) has the resources to outright own the XP-82. You're probably looking at close to a $10M investment to get it off the ground.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:41 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

kalamazookid wrote:
Fighterjets Inc. lists the MiG-17F and MiG-17PF for Oshkosh!

Among the early jet types listed previously, the CJAA site indicates examples of Vampire and Venom also scheduled to attend.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:05 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Boeing666 wrote:
4RG.I.'S wrote:
Here's a "what if"...
What if the XP-82 sells and relocates out of the country before Oshkosh?! Though the thought of a new owner not having it there to almost certainly win Grand Champion seems almost counter productive, it is a possibility... The idea came from corresponding with the restoration team about their pins and patches. I inquired about paying for them in advance and picking them up at Airventure. The reply was basically if it sells, they wont be there and the aircraft may not be either...

Attachment:
56513051_10216909117752851_7804310813577052160_n.jpg
56513051_10216909117752851_7804310813577052160_n.jpg [ 129.19 KiB | Viewed 1965 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:29 pm 

Lon, what is the date of that magazine article?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:59 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Boeing666 wrote:
Lon, what is the date of that magazine article?

That is an ad in the latest Warbids International magazine

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:22 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

The Collings Foundation F6F-3N Hellcat was announced on the Airventure website today.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 12:57 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

I was perusing the website earlier and I noticed an initial Warbirds in Review schedule has been posted. The following aircraft and presentations are included:

DeHavilland Mosquito presented by Rod Lewis and Steve Hinton :supz:
Eddie Kurdziel Firefly presented by Eddie Kurdziel
T-28 and T-34 Anniversary
P-51 Mustang Old Crow with Col. Bud Anderson, Jack Rousch and Jim Hagedorn
Grumman F6F Hellcat and F8F Bearcat with Rob Collings (Collings Foundation) and Warren Pietsch (Dakota Territory Air Museum)
A-1H Skyraider presented by Roger Youngblood (Cavanaugh Flight Museum)
P-51 Mustang "Lope's Hope 3rd" presented by Don Lopez family and Smithsonian representatives Eric Trueblood & Warren Pietsch
Corsair presented by Jim Tobul
XP-82 Twin Mustang presented by Tom Reilly and Ray Fowler
C-47 Skytrain "Placid Lassie" with Normandy anniversary trip participants
P-51 Mustang with Tuskegee Airmen - Colonel Charles McGee, Lt Col Harold Brown, Lt Col George Hardy

One TBD slot.

Here's the link: https://eaa.org/airventure/place/Warbir ... 2f80f6a5ab

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 1:25 pm 

kalamazookid wrote:
I was perusing the website earlier and I noticed an initial Warbirds in Review schedule has been posted. The following aircraft and presentations are included:

DeHavilland Mosquito presented by Rod Lewis and Steve Hinton :supz:
Eddie Kurdziel Firefly presented by Eddie Kurdziel
T-28 and T-34 Anniversary
P-51 Mustang Old Crow with Col. Bud Anderson, Jack Rousch and Jim Hagedorn
Grumman F6F Hellcat and F8F Bearcat with Rob Collings (Collings Foundation) and Warren Pietsch (Dakota Territory Air Museum)
A-1H Skyraider presented by Roger Youngblood (Cavanaugh Flight Museum)
P-51 Mustang "Lope's Hope 3rd" presented by Don Lopez family and Smithsonian representatives Eric Trueblood & Warren Pietsch
Corsair presented by Jim Tobul
XP-82 Twin Mustang presented by Tom Reilly and Ray Fowler
C-47 Skytrain "Placid Lassie" with Normandy anniversary trip participants
P-51 Mustang with Tuskegee Airmen - Colonel Charles McGee, Lt Col Harold Brown, Lt Col George Hardy

One TBD slot.

Here's the link: https://eaa.org/airventure/place/Warbir ... 2f80f6a5ab

Very impressive! Cool to see the Ezell/DTAM Bearcat will make its debut, also curious about Eddie's Firefly?!

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 7:02 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well, that advertisement makes is pretty unambiguous, the XP-82 is for sale.

Just curious if anyone has heard the asking price?

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 5:32 pm 

That's a great line up for Warbirds in Review, probably the best in the 6 years that i have been in attendance. I will look forward to taking my seat and listening to the presentations. Having missed a year last year I am certainly looking forward to this year.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 11:54 am 

That is an excellent line-up of warbirds. Mosquito, Firefly, 'Lope's Hope III', XP-82, Hellcat and Bearcat are the stars for me! 8)

Hopefully with Steve being there, we might get a display too?

Has anyone heard of anymore warbirds down to attend OSH? Before the WiR list was announced, it was very quiet..

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 1:42 pm 

EAA have officially announced the Warbirds in Review line-up. The 'TBD' is still not confirmed but the guest speaker is "Dick" Rutan who flew F-100's in Vietnam. I wonder if this will be the warbird..?

Lewis Legends have also independently announced the Mosquito for Oshkosh.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 21  Next