Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:59 am 

Hello all,

I guess it's that time of the year again, maybe a little early but there's plenty to talk about already. So next years AirVenture will be from July 22-28th with no known themes or chosen aircraft yet but tickets were released a few days ago. Here's the list of potential warbirds for 2019:

-XP-82 Twin Mustang, plus perhaps the other F/P-82 Twin Mustang.
-Rod Lewis' Mosquito
-CWHM Firefly (their Facebook post indicated they were working towards the goal of having it attend Oshkosh)
-Fagen F6F Hellcat and SB2C Helldiver
-National Museum of WWII Aviation P-38 "White 33" and Brewster Corsair (they sent their Tigercats in 2018 so maybe a good indication they want to bring over more of their warbirds)
-B-25H "Berlin Express"
-Kermit Weeks' Boeing 100 (has said it would make Oshkosh 2019 if everything stayed on track)

I did hear the 'Daks over Normandy' tour would finish their European tour with the North American C-47's going to Oshkosh.

You also have to believe NASA will be heavily involved with the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission.

Lastly, whilst it's not warbirds but still newsworthy, the RAF Red Arrows have just unofficially announced a 9-week North American tour during August and September. Yes, Oshkosh is the last weekend of July but you have to believe if there's a chance EAA can get them, where better to exploit the team than Oshkosh.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:06 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The Ripper wrote:
Hello all,

...So next years AirVenture will be from July 22-28th with no known themes...

What’s ahead for EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2019 (July 22-28, 2019)?

Comment from (Jack) Pelton:

“We are celebrating our 50th consecutive year in Oshkosh during 2019, so we’ll be looking back on a half-century of unforgettable highlights at Wittman Regional Airport, and planning activities that involve EAA’s hometown and its unique place in aviation history...¨

https://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/eaa-a ... nd-figures

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:12 pm 

Have heard that there may be 2 Fireflys (flies?) in WB in Review this year.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:44 am 

The Ripper wrote:
Hello all,

I guess it's that time of the year again, maybe a little early but there's plenty to talk about already. So next years AirVenture will be from July 22-28th with no known themes or chosen aircraft yet but tickets were released a few days ago. Here's the list of potential warbirds for 2019:

-XP-82 Twin Mustang, plus perhaps the other F/P-82 Twin Mustang.
-Rod Lewis' Mosquito
-CWHM Firefly (their Facebook post indicated they were working towards the goal of having it attend Oshkosh)
-National Museum of WWII Aviation P-38 "White 33" and Brewster Corsair (they sent their Tigercats in 2018 so maybe a good indication they want to bring over more of their warbirds)
-B-25H "Berlin Express"
-Kermit Weeks' Boeing 100 (has said it would make Oshkosh 2019 if everything stayed on track)

I did hear the 'Daks over Normandy' tour would finish their European tour with the North American C-47's going to Oshkosh.

You also have to believe NASA will be heavily involved with the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission.

Lastly, whilst it's not warbirds but still newsworthy, the RAF Red Arrows have just unofficially announced a 9-week North American tour during August and September. Yes, Oshkosh is the last weekend of July but you have to believe if there's a chance EAA can get them, where better to exploit the team than Oshkosh.

Definitely going to try to make 2019 Airventure. 2018 was my first year and I'm hooked.

Kermit seemed pretty disenchanted with Oshkosh this year. I don't remember if it was said he wouldn't bring anymore planes period, or just the WWI stuff. Would be a shame to not have any FoF aircraft at Airventure.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:14 am 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

My Dad and I will be there the usual three days, Monday-Wednesday. Already have a hotel booked. This will be my fifth year in a row!

My only real wish or expectation for Oshkosh 2019 is to see the XP-82. I'm also hopeful that the BAHF C-97 receives the funding it needs to complete flight training before Oshkosh. Whatever else shows up will be great as usual.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:59 pm 

The Ripper wrote:

I was speaking to Ron this summer and he told me that the Helldiver would be at Airventure 2019, but I was speaking to one of his employees recently who said that they are looking at 2020 as the goal. So I don't know if something changed or if he was mistaken, but I am anxiously awaiting this one!! Oh yeah, and the Hellcat too!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:45 pm 

Already planning my trip for next year. Normally my friend with the plane flies up Wednesday morning and leaves on Sunday. Next year due to schedule conflicts he is going to fly in on Saturday and fly out on Wednesday.

I have never been to AirVenture in the first half of the week. I know by Friday more of the general public starts to pour in and several of the planes start to leave or have already left.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:29 pm 

Jeremy S wrote:
Already planning my trip for next year. Normally my friend with the plane flies up Wednesday morning and leaves on Sunday. Next year due to schedule conflicts he is going to fly in on Saturday and fly out on Wednesday.

I have never been to AirVenture in the first half of the week. I know by Friday more of the general public starts to pour in and several of the planes start to leave or have already left.

Airplane attendance is best before Wednesday for numbers, but the Military presence is best Friday to Sunday.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Paul Wood and all the happy hooligans at WHF have been such huge supporters of AirVenture over the years, let's just assume they'll be showing off their T-bird with the pretty, new paint job (as well as any other toys they care to bring along).

https://www.facebook.com/WarbirdHeritag ... =3&theater

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:01 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Dan K wrote:
...the happy hooligans...let's just assume they'll be showing off their T-bird...

You mean the North Dakota ANG still fly T-birds? :shock: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:49 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

JohnB wrote:
Dan K wrote:
...the happy hooligans...let's just assume they'll be showing off their T-bird...

You mean the North Dakota ANG still fly T-birds? :shock: :lol:

Well...there are happy hooligans and there are The Happy Hooligans.

You couldn't just look at the pretty airplane picture, could you... :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:46 am 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

:lol: :lol: :lol: Wellll...there is that shade of blue.... :axe:

"Ahh..."The Deuce", 28,000 pounds of motherly love." quote from some Mojave Grunt
DBF

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:43 am 

Fifi confirmed! July 23-26th :supz: :D

Hopefully means 'Diamond Lil' too.

https://www.airpowersquadron.org

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:36 pm 

Now that the initial list of Air Show performers is out, I was wondering whether there is any more news on other aircraft scheduled to attend?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:02 pm 

Besides the 50th celebration anybody hear of any themes for this year?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next