Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

FW-190 Down On SoCal Freeway?????

Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:29 pm

A friend texted me that an FW-190 is down on a SoCal freeway....haven't been able to find a report on my cell phone- anybody got details? Pilot OK? Which aircraft is it?

Re: FW-190 Down On SoCal Freeway?????

Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:32 pm

Vid shows what looks like a D9

Replica?

Or a flugwerk?

Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:38 pm

It's one of the Condor Squadron AT-6's. Pilot got out okay and is reportedly uninjured.

Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:40 pm

For those on farcebook...live overhead

https://www.facebook.com/ktla5/videos/2 ... o_explicit

Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:29 pm

Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:34 pm

was watching some of the video and WOW!! Trying to put the fire out with a hand held fire extinguisher and some guy throwing dirt on it. WTF!!!!
I can see throwing the dirt on the fuel spill, wheres the foam!! Jeez :roll: :roll:

Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:56 pm

From KTLA via Jalopnik.com:
IDed as SNJ-5 N7969C, BuNo 43974, ex 42-84535:
http://www.warbirdregistry.org/texanreg ... 84535.html

(RandolphB, you may want to update the title of this thread.)

Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:41 pm

steve dickey wrote:was watching some of the video and WOW!! Trying to put the fire out with a hand held fire extinguisher and some guy throwing dirt on it. WTF!!!!
I can see throwing the dirt on the fuel spill, wheres the foam!! Jeez :roll: :roll:

Dry chemical extinguishers cut down on water and contaminants running off. There's foam on the ground. They were using the dirt to dam off the runoff so fuel and oil did not go down the storm drain.

Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:54 pm

Here is video of the landing. He was bouncing pretty good and the prop looks like it was turning slow. Only one prop blade was bent and I wonder if it happened when he hit the center divider. I'm amazed there were no cars around him when he landed.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=so ... &FORM=VIRE

Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:23 pm

Closeup from the KTLA video feed; looks like the tail melted away:

Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:35 pm

Anyone catch the pilot interview? Couldn't have been more relaxed.

Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:48 pm

He should have taken lessons from this guy...

https://www.stltoday.com/news/national/ ... 0a385.html

Phil

Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:08 am

steve dickey wrote:was watching some of the video and WOW!! Trying to put the fire out with a hand held fire extinguisher and some guy throwing dirt on it. WTF!!!!

I believe the real fire fighters were watching their Dodges get their @ss whipped by the Red Sox.
Go Sox... :supz:

Phil

Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:50 am

The lack of education in this country is astonishing.

Nazi plane? :roll:

Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:16 am

Nathan wrote:The lack of education in this country is astonishing.

Nazi plane? :roll:

Ugh. It's far worst than that. I saw a long winded story that it was "Nazi Cosplay". Really? So this is no different than dressing up like Levi from "Attack on Titan" and going to a Comic-con?!?!!?? Then it went on to try and somehow make political anti Trump statements somehow and tie them back to the paint job. . But, worse, education wise, was a place I saw asking why "these stupid pilots don't just use their parachutes if they are going to crash their airplanes....?". Marketing has replaced education for the masses. Cirrus be damned.
Post a reply