Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Re: THUNDER OVER MICHIGAN 2019

Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:03 pm

The Warbird Heritage Foundation has Thunder listed on their events page of their website, but I don’t see any aircraft listed yet as attending. I’ll have to check and see if I can confirm what’s planned.
David

Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:06 am

All will be known in good time. It's only December. :drink3:

Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:00 pm

I reached out to the Military Aviation Museum and they confirmed they are bringing their Corsair to Thunder!

Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:55 pm

Went with my brother in 2011 and I was looking thru my photos today and there were 6 Corsairs attending. Yagens Catalina was there also. Warbirds and Airshows site has some great photos.

Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:45 pm

Alex Pas wrote:I reached out to the Military Aviation Museum and they confirmed they are bringing their Corsair to Thunder!

Awesome news!!! 1 down 25 or so to go :wink:

pjpahs wrote:Went with my brother in 2011 and I was looking thru my photos today and there were 6 Corsairs attending. Yagens Catalina was there also. Warbirds and Airshows site has some great photos.

I wasn't aware that POF and CAF SoCal sent planes to Thunder, this could add to the excitement for sure! SoCal doesn't have a Corsair, but the Hellcat and Bearcat would go nicely with the theme

Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:27 am

Love it that ya'll are getting the gears turning this far in advance and hope you have a better turn out than the gathering of corsairs at Indy several years ago. While I loved the few that attended the Indy event, it was a far cry from the 20+ that was advertised. With many more in the air now, I am sure you will have a much better turn out. I have family in Fort Wayne, Indiana, so I am thinking I need to take some vacation time to visit them and drive up to Thunder for this show. Having attended in the past and saw such great aircraft as the Canadian Lancaster, the MATS Connie, Mr Russel's Bf-109E etc, etc...anyone thinking of attending should go as you will not be disappointed.

Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:09 pm

6trn4brn wrote:Love it that ya'll are getting the gears turning this far in advance and hope you have a better turn out than the gathering of corsairs at Indy several years ago. While I loved the few that attended the Indy event, it was a far cry from the 20+ that was advertised. With many more in the air now, I am sure you will have a much better turn out. I have family in Fort Wayne, Indiana, so I am thinking I need to take some vacation time to visit them and drive up to Thunder for this show. Having attended in the past and saw such great aircraft as the Canadian Lancaster, the MATS Connie, Mr Russel's Bf-109E etc, etc...anyone thinking of attending should go as you will not be disappointed.

There is one big difference between the Gathering in Indy and Thunder. Operators were expected to attend on their own dime for Indy. Thunder pays appearance fees for planes to attend.

Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:54 pm

20% off all tickets (General Admission, Club Seats and Parking) today only.

Use code BESTSEATSINTHEHOUSE at checkout to redeem savings

Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:35 pm

Aaaaand, done! Hope you guys didn't think you'd see an ME262 next year*.

I'm packing ponchos this time.

*See last year's thread if that doesn't make sense

Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:05 pm

First 2019 participant,

The Erickson Aircraft Collection's F4U-7 Corsair!!! :D

Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:38 pm

michael luther wrote:First 2019 participant,

Aaaaaaaaand it begins!!!!

Sean

Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:27 pm

If there's any credible source I think you're one of them! 9 months out!!! Saw her at the POF gathering, yet to see her in person with the flashy new paint :D Glad to see one of the further from Michigan Corsair's already on the list

Is Yagen's Corsair "unconfirmed"?

Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:17 am

Great Corsair! And all the way from Oregon. 8)

Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:08 pm

Just added,

John O'Connor's F4U-7 Corsair!!! 8)

Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:41 am

Love his Corsair!
Attachments
0145C9CD-26DF-41BC-A35E-9112A6AB404D.jpeg
Post a reply