Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post subject: WIX's Airplane???
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 1:05 am 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

WIX's airplane?

1945 TBM AVENGER • AVAILABLE FOR SALE • 1945 TBM Avenger available for sale, 4850 TTAF, 550 SEOH, King Nav-Com-Transponder, $75,000. • Contact Dwight Barnell - NORTH AMERICAN AVIATION located Roanoke, TX USA • Telephone: 817-308-7376 • Fax: 503-905-6507 • Posted July 10, 2004

This guy has also advertised a TA-4J, an A7-E, a T-2 BUckeye.

Now, I am from Texas, but I haven't yet visited Roanoke, TX. Where is it? Dang!!

Saludos and howdy to y'all,

Tulio

I am one of them 'futbol' people.

Will the previous owner has pics of this double cabin sample

GOOD MORNING, WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Press "1" for English.
Press "2" to disconnect until you have learned to speak English.

Sooooo, how am I going to know to press 1 or 2, if I do not speak English????

Post subject: Roanoke
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 9:27 pm 

Well, well... I was going to take some pictures of the TA4 that just showed up at our airport and here they are posted for sale and end up with a note on THIS forum!

Roanoke is in between Ft. Worth and Denton. I am based at that airport in Roanoke - Northwest Regional Airport (52F). If you see any of the NASCAR races at the Texas Motor Speedway this airport is right across I35 from that.

I havent seen the TBM and think it may not be on our field but the TA4 and T2 are visible outside. I'll be out there tomorrow and try to remember to shoot some pictures.

Post subject: Re: Roanoke
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 9:53 pm 
Been here a long time
Been here a long time

C170BDan wrote:
I havent seen the TBM and think it may not be on our field but the TA4 and T2 are visible outside. I'll be out there tomorrow and try to remember to shoot some pictures.

Please ask around about the TBM. I'd like to see a few photos of it to find out what $75k will buy.

Post subject: Col. Rohr
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:29 am 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

Rob, you can distribute crew chief, airplane captain and all the other positions away; all I want is to be the Chief Treasurer ; )

Saludos,

Tulio

I am one of them 'futbol' people.

Will the previous owner has pics of this double cabin sample

GOOD MORNING, WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Press "1" for English.
Press "2" to disconnect until you have learned to speak English.

Sooooo, how am I going to know to press 1 or 2, if I do not speak English????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:35 pm 
Potato

I was just reading something on the forest protection TBM's. It said that the engine in that plane has a 600hr TBO in Canada. If its somewhat the same in the states, you should probably be prepared to drop another pile of money on an engine overhaul. Even with a near TBO engine, thats pretty cheap for a TBM.

Heck, it might have reached its current price and TBO at the same time when it burned up a couple three cylinders :D

Deep Thoughts,
Jack Handy

Post subject: Jets at NW Regional
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:37 pm 

Was out at the airport (NW Regional - 52F) tonight polishing on the 170 and made a quick flight. Stopped to take some pictures of the jets that sound like the ones from the ad. Another A4 forward fuselage is in the hangar and it is painted in a white civilian scheme. No TBM to be found.

TA4J s/n 158481 & T2 s/n 152444

On a side note. This airport use to be called Aero Valley and was built by Edna Gardner White - the famous woman pilot. Below is an arial picture take recently. This is looking to the northwest and that is I35 in the distance. With over 500 aircraft based here the present owner claims this is the largest PRIVATE airport in the country as far as based aircraft. This is not a city or county airport. Even if it isnt the largest that is alot of aircraft. The strip is 3500 ft. and is non-controled. I learned to fly here and have been based here for 14 years. Alot of vintage aircraft are based here.

Post subject: Re: Col. Rohr
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:52 am 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

Tulio wrote:
Rob, you can distribute crew chief, airplane captain and all the other positions away; all I want is to be the Chief Treasurer ; )

Anyone hiring pilots?? ;)

Post subject: Re: Jets at NW Regional
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:26 pm 
Been here a long time
Been here a long time

C170BDan wrote:
Was out at the airport (NW Regional - 52F) tonight polishing on the 170 and made a quick flight. Stopped to take some pictures of the jets that sound like the ones from the ad. Another A4 forward fuselage is in the hangar and it is painted in a white civilian scheme. No TBM to be found.

The outside fuselage is a T-2 Buckeye.

Post subject: T2
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:02 pm 

Yep... there are parts all over this lot... I was trying to say that I only saw one forward fuselage to an A4 and then there are two A4 tails. What appears to be two sets of A4 wings in the back ground. Next to the T2 fuselage is the wing laying on the ground.