Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Mike Gillian's Wildcat Up For Grabs!

Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:33 pm

Not so often a Wildcat comes up for public sale. Hope she goes to another good home :D

http://courtesyaircraft.com/aircraft/n9 ... 2-wildcat/

Re: Mike Gillian's Wildcat Up For Grabs!

Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:44 pm

Would be nice to see it end up here: http://americanairpowermuseum.com

Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:49 pm

Would probably be a nice place for it! I'm thinking it will go to another individual owner. Relatively easy to maintain, not too many of them flying around, seems like a gimme!

Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:53 am

At first look, I thought it said $1.250.00, silly boy...

Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:51 pm

I will miss seeing Mike fly this aircraft. The first time I saw this aircraft was at a small airshow in Alma, MI. Had no idea what to expect from the show and was shocked to walk onto the ramp to see a Wildcat I'd never seen or even heard of before. He was a regular at the warbird fly-ins held there and a few other events I usually attend. Always loved seeing his aerobatic displays.

Hope whoever the next owner is flies it a lot!

Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:28 pm

Lovely aircraft, spent a fair amount of time working on it firstly in Holland and then in the UK. If only I had the money it would be mine.

Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:36 pm

Attn Scott: It could use an update on the Registry entry:
http://www.warbirdregistry.org/f4fregis ... 46867.html

Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:59 pm

It's already pending!!!

Tue May 14, 2019 8:06 am

Listed as sold. Anyone know who the lucky new owner is?

Sun May 19, 2019 11:00 am

Apologies for being one of those guys who "can't say details yet", but it's going to a very good home in California.

-

Sun May 19, 2019 11:59 am

Baldeagle wrote:Apologies for being one of those guys who "can't say details yet", but it's going to a very good home in California.

-

Awesome! We have a lot of warbirds over here but I believe Martlet is the only Wildcat registered in CA. Besides that Erickson’s is the only other close one. Looking forward to hearing more!!

Sun May 19, 2019 4:54 pm

You can glean a lot from the FAA Document Index online which shows all the documents (including bills of sale, etc) received on a specific aircraft in the last sixty days..

Aircraft 909WJ BOWE WALTER C TRUSTEE 05/06/2019
Aircraft 909WJ GILLIAN MICHAEL J 05/06/2019
Aircraft 909WJ MENDIETA CARLENE A TRUSTEE 05/06/2019

Sun May 19, 2019 4:59 pm

Tim Savage wrote:You can glean a lot from the FAA Document Index online which shows all the documents (including bills of sale, etc) received on a specific aircraft in the last sixty days..

Aircraft 909WJ BOWE WALTER C TRUSTEE 05/06/2019
Aircraft 909WJ GILLIAN MICHAEL J 05/06/2019
Aircraft 909WJ MENDIETA CARLENE A TRUSTEE 05/06/2019

Fury for a Wildcat!!
Post a reply