Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 2:21 pm 
Offline
Group Captain
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:49 pm
Posts: 668
Scott WRG Editor wrote:
BigGrey wrote:
Never had the carrier but in the early 60's I did have the Whirlybirds H-21 motorized rescue helicopter with the attack force. I fulfilled a childhood dream by getting the left seat on a flyer.


This?
Attachment:
Whirlybirds H-21 motorized rescue helicopter with the attack force.jpg


Looks neat

I had one of those!

Also had the big white Grumman F11F Tiger by either Remco or Ideal. Man, I wish I still had that one. It might have been close to 1/24 scale and I could display it with my model cars! :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 5:48 pm 
Offline
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:02 am
Posts: 3961
Location: Northbrook, IL
Snake45 wrote:
Also had the big white Grumman F11F Tiger by either Remco or Ideal. Man, I wish I still had that one. It might have been close to 1/24 scale and I could display it with my model cars! :wink:

Is it this one - the Remco Sky Diver?
Image
Maybe display it on a pole over a 1/24 scale gas station or junkyard, or in a playground with kids crawling on it like so many old jets were, and demonstrate your weathering skills? :wink:

_________________
Image
All right, Mister Dorfmann, start pullin'!
Pilot: "Flap switch works hard in down position."
Mechanic: "Flap switch checked OK. Pilot needs more P.T." - Flight report, B-17G 42-102875


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 7:10 pm 
Offline
Group Captain
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:49 pm
Posts: 668
Chris Brame wrote:
Snake45 wrote:
Also had the big white Grumman F11F Tiger by either Remco or Ideal. Man, I wish I still had that one. It might have been close to 1/24 scale and I could display it with my model cars! :wink:

Is it this one - the Remco Sky Diver?
Image
Maybe display it on a pole over a 1/24 scale gas station or junkyard, or in a playground with kids crawling on it like so many old jets were, and demonstrate your weathering skills? :wink:

That looks like the one! Thanks for the memories! :supz:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 8:19 pm 
Offline
Corporal

Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:00 pm
Posts: 22
Location: vacaville ca
no one needs to grow up …. Theres a couple carriers on e-bay


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 8:30 pm 
Offline
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 3:57 pm
Posts: 1800
Location: Minnesota
As a child of the 90's, I thought this was one of the coolest toys growing up (still have one kicking around).

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 5:31 am 
Offline
WRG Editor
WRG Editor
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:43 pm
Posts: 4824
Location: Haverhill, MA & Johnston, RI
JohnTerrell wrote:
As a child of the 90's, I thought this was one of the coolest toys growing up (still have one kicking around).

Image


Whoa, never seen that before. Thats awesome. If course you'll blow your prop off the minute you fire the Vulcan but still neat

_________________
Scott Rose
Editor-In-Chief/Webmaster
Warbirds Resource Group - Warbird Information Exchange - Warbird Registry - MilitarySciFi.com

Be civil, be polite, be nice.... or be elsewhere.
-------------------------------------------------------
This site is brought to you with the support of members like you. If you find this site to be of value to you,
consider supporting this forum and the Warbirds Resource Group with a VOLUNTARY subscription
For as little as $2/month you can help ($2 x 12 = $24/year, less than most magazine subscriptions)
So If you like it here, and want to see it grow, consider helping out.


Thanks to everyone who has so generously supported the site. We really do appreciate it.
HOW TO SUPPORT WIX - Warbirds Resource Group Patreon


Follow us on Twitter! @WIXHQ


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Elwyn and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group