Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Re: Mandatory kit for the 70s Navy brat

Sat May 18, 2019 2:21 pm

Scott WRG Editor wrote:
BigGrey wrote:Never had the carrier but in the early 60's I did have the Whirlybirds H-21 motorized rescue helicopter with the attack force. I fulfilled a childhood dream by getting the left seat on a flyer.

This?
Whirlybirds H-21 motorized rescue helicopter with the attack force.jpg

Looks neat

I had one of those!

Also had the big white Grumman F11F Tiger by either Remco or Ideal. Man, I wish I still had that one. It might have been close to 1/24 scale and I could display it with my model cars! :wink:

Sun May 19, 2019 5:48 pm

Snake45 wrote:Also had the big white Grumman F11F Tiger by either Remco or Ideal. Man, I wish I still had that one. It might have been close to 1/24 scale and I could display it with my model cars! :wink:

Is it this one - the Remco Sky Diver?
Maybe display it on a pole over a 1/24 scale gas station or junkyard, or in a playground with kids crawling on it like so many old jets were, and demonstrate your weathering skills? :wink:

Sun May 19, 2019 7:10 pm

Chris Brame wrote:
Snake45 wrote:Also had the big white Grumman F11F Tiger by either Remco or Ideal. Man, I wish I still had that one. It might have been close to 1/24 scale and I could display it with my model cars! :wink:

Is it this one - the Remco Sky Diver?
Maybe display it on a pole over a 1/24 scale gas station or junkyard, or in a playground with kids crawling on it like so many old jets were, and demonstrate your weathering skills? :wink:

That looks like the one! Thanks for the memories! :supz:

Sun May 19, 2019 8:19 pm

no one needs to grow up …. Theres a couple carriers on e-bay

Sun May 19, 2019 8:30 pm

As a child of the 90's, I thought this was one of the coolest toys growing up (still have one kicking around).

Mon May 20, 2019 5:31 am

JohnTerrell wrote:As a child of the 90's, I thought this was one of the coolest toys growing up (still have one kicking around).

Whoa, never seen that before. Thats awesome. If course you'll blow your prop off the minute you fire the Vulcan but still neat
Post a reply