Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Legends of Airpower roster, May 24-27, Farmingdale NY

Fri May 10, 2019 3:27 pm

Here is a heads-up for those in the New York area about the American Airpower Museum's Legends of Airpower weekend, which coincides with the Jones Beach / Bethpage Memorial Day airshows. The AAM annually stages an event at Farmingdale, where most of the participating aircraft are based. Visiting aircraft, announced yesterday, include:

B-17 Yankee Lady
TP-40N American Dream (Warbird Adventures)
FG-1D Godspeed (Lauder)
Spitfire Mk.I (Lauder)
Zero (Lauder)

In addition there will be the AAM's fleet of P-51D, P-40M, C-47, B-25, TBM, trainers.

The Thunderbirds, Skytypers, F-18, and other acts are also likely to stage from Farmingdale.

Looks well worth a visit this year. The Spitfire was scheduled last year, but developed a squawk and had to cancel. Fingers crossed for the second try.

http://americanairpowermuseum.com/2019/ ... -may-2019/

August

Re: Legends of Airpower roster, May 24-27, Farmingdale NY

Sat May 25, 2019 6:20 am

Hey guys,

I don't usually post pics from an event until I've had time to go through and process them all, but I want to do a public service heads-up today. The Farmingdale guys are putting on a nice event, with some planes not often seen publicly. If any of the following appeals to you, and you are anywhere near Long Island, there's still two days to check it out.

August

Sat May 25, 2019 8:42 am

Thank you August for the wonderful report and photos! It is great to see that all four of the Lauder warbirds were able to attend (Zero, Corsair, Mustang and Spitfire).

Tue May 28, 2019 3:16 pm

What ultimately happened to the museum's P-47 Jacky's Revenge? Is it in storage? Will it be restored?

Tue May 28, 2019 4:26 pm

menards wrote:What ultimately happened to the museum's P-47 Jacky's Revenge? Is it in storage? Will it be restored?

I think the result was it was "salty" for too long because of the investigation taking forever that the costs associated with restoring it got higher and higher. I don't believe there are plans to restore it so far.
Post a reply