Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Gone West... Mark O. Hrutkay

Wed May 15, 2019 5:43 am

Mark Hrutkay - Gone West.jpg

Mark O. Hrutkay
1959 - 2019

Mark O. Hrutkay, 59, of Chapmanville West Virginia and Kingsport Tennessee, son of the late Joan O. Hrutkay and Charles R. Hrutkay, died unexpectedly, Friday, May 10, 2019, at his West Virginia home.

Mark was born October 6, 1959 in Charleroi, Pennsylvania.

He is a 1977 graduate of Bentworth Senior High School, Bentleyville, PA, a 1981 graduate of Washington and Jefferson College, a 1983 graduate of West Virginia University, a 1984 graduate of the University of Notre Dame, and a 1988 graduate of the West Virginia University Law School.

In 2005 Mark retired from his Logan, West Virginia law practice where his passion, hard work, and unparalleled expertise helped thousands of West Virginians obtain workers’ compensation and Social Security benefits.

Mark loved airplanes and aviation and spent his retirement years attending airshows, aviation events, air races, and visiting museums, documenting and publishing articles of the events that happened there. He shot over 1 million photographs a year and spent nine months a year on the road, covering the entire United States. Mark treasured his many airshow friends across the nation and they will all miss him dearly.

Mark is survived by his fiancé and love of his life, Trish Stone of Sydney, Kentucky.

He is also survived by son, Gregory J. Hrutkay (Jessica Kidwell) of Morgantown, West Virginia, and brother, Charles Hrutkay, of Somerset Township, Pennsylvania.

At Mark’s prior request, visitation is private and will be at the convenience of the family.

A Memorial Service will be at 6PM Wednesday, May 15, 2019 at the Evans Funeral Home and Cremation Services in Chapmanville.

Friends may call from 5PM till 6PM at the Evans Funeral Home and Cremation Services in Chapmanville.

Re: Gone West... Mark O. Hrutkay

Wed May 15, 2019 5:44 am

Blue Skies my friend
:drink3:

Wed May 15, 2019 11:30 am

Very sad. Mark was a good guy...
For those that don't know, his username here on the WIX was P51Mstg...

Wed May 15, 2019 11:42 am

Mark was a good friend for the last 9 years. He will be missed. :(

Wed May 15, 2019 12:48 pm

Warbirdnerd wrote:Very sad. Mark was a good guy...
For those that don't know, his username here on the WIX was P51Mstg...

Oh nooooo! I'm gonna miss his posts. Blue skies Mark.

Wed May 15, 2019 5:07 pm

RIP

Wed May 15, 2019 10:21 pm

Mark was great guy, he and I brought a lot of negatives of old Reno pictures off of eBay years ago. They were found in a storage unit somewhere. He will be missed...

Lynn

Thu May 16, 2019 8:14 am

Condolences to his Family, Friends and the WIX community

Vaya Con Dios

Jesse C.

Thu May 16, 2019 8:10 pm

I met Mark at Rotor Fest 2002,in Westchester PA, he had brought his Bell 47 to it .RIP my friend
Post a reply