Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Bill Greenwood's Spitfire TE308 has been sold...

Thu May 23, 2019 9:38 am

Returning to England to join the Warbird Experiences Fleet..
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (352.4 KiB) Viewed 3153 times

Re: Bill Greenwood's Spitfire TE308 has been sold...

Thu May 23, 2019 11:24 am

I wonder how close Bill had his Spit back to flying condition after the landing incident.

A nice history of TE308 at http://www.jerrybilling.ca/Jerry%20Billing%20Spitfire's/History%20of%20Spitfire%20TE308.htm

Thu May 23, 2019 2:53 pm

Glad that she will be properly cared for but sorry that she is leaving our shores. TE308 was the first Spitfire, and one of the first warbirds period, that I ever saw fly. I have a number of fond memories of the Spit from my childhood back in the days when 308 was owned by Woodson K. Woods and operated out of Deer Valley airport. Long may she fly. At least she will be joining the other two seat Spitfire that I spent many happy hours admiring, namely MJ772 formerly of the Champlin Fighter Museum.

Thu May 23, 2019 5:24 pm

I had wondered a few times how the repairs were coming. Is anybody here still in contact with Bill?

Thu May 23, 2019 6:15 pm

WIXerGreg wrote:I had wondered a few times how the repairs were coming. Is anybody here still in contact with Bill?

Bill posts occasionally on the EAA forum. Most recently, he was asking what should be done to preserve/renew the fuel bladders on the Spit. That was right at a month ago.

Mon May 27, 2019 7:05 am

Met up with Bill at Oshkosh last year when we were supporting Dave's flight in Y-2K. Had a great chat about Spitfires over a hamburger and beer. Interesting that Dave will fly TE308 she used to be the stablemate to SL721 the MKVI formerly owned by Mike Potter as well.

Fri May 31, 2019 2:06 pm

:( well, there goes my dream, to win the lotto, buy it from Bill, Have Airframe Assemblies build me up a new "Low Back", Bubble canopy, center fuselage section, & convert it BACK to it's org. "LOW Back" MK.IX configuration, and either sell or incorporate the T.9 2 seat section into yet another MK.IX "New Build" restoration, ...No..No.., I'm NOT giving B.H.H.H any Hints...no, none at all ! :wink: :drink3: Congrats !B.H.H.H ! :D

Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:03 pm

Bill posted on the EAA forum today that test runs were being done on the Merlin at the engine shop where he'd sent it.
Post a reply