Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

2019 MAM Airshow Galleries

Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:48 pm

Hello Everyone,

We’ve posted galleries of the 2019 Military Aviation Museum Airshow in Virginia Beach, VA. Make sure and check out BOTH sets of galleries as we shot from different locations over the three days.
Friday from the WWII Control Tower balcony - Saturday, I was on top of the hangar and Mrs VB on the ground near the WWII Control Tower, and Sunday both of us were on top of the hangar.

Even WITH media access, the show is tough to shoot. The light changes drastically and what worked for the AM is bad for the PM and vice versa. We were fortunate in that takeoffs were in one direction on Friday and the opposite for Sat & Sun. Lots of very high passes/ belly shots and tricky lighting so most images are take-off or landing with fewer in-the-sky shots. Enjoy!

My collection of photo/video galleries here:

https://www.vgbimages.com/AirShows/2019 ... w/n-trQXfk

Lorén’s photo galleries here:

https://www.vgbphotos.com/Military-Avia ... A/n-6tQ4W3

Teasers - from my galleries only - Smugmug links for Lorén teasers are not cooperating....hrumph... :?

Re: 2019 MAM Airshow Galleries

Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:29 am

Thank you for posting, some great photos!

I was there on the Saturday show and it was interesting to see takeoffs and landings toward the east- first time I had seen that in my 3-4 times at the show.

Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:59 pm

Fantastic! Thanks so much, once again!!

Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:18 pm

Nice looking Cub, great shot of the Corsair.

Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:37 pm

JohnB wrote:Nice looking Cub, great shot of the Corsair.

Agreed. All are excellent shots but I also liked that most of all.

Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:56 pm

Great pics! I've got to go back to this show someday. The only year I went, it rained both days. It was still cool to see the museum, but it would be awesome to see them all fly.

Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:04 pm

Thank you for sharing them...
Post a reply