Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:29 am 

For anyone in the area. Link
Quote:
About this Event
On August 31 join the Flying Heritage & Combat Armor Museum at a secret location on Arlington Airport to see the Me-262 unveiled for the first time. This exclusive event will be capped at 250 guests so get your tickets fast before they sell out!

At this unveiling, Me-262 lead mechanic and restoration manager, Jason Muszala, will discuss the restoration process this warbird has undergone. There will also be a panel discussion with several other key restorers on the project. Me-262 test pilot Steve Hinton will also be onsite to answer questions.

Be sure to bring your camera. After the panel discussion there will be an opportunity to walk around this beautiful aircraft to take photos.

A detailed schedule will be released shortly.

Ticket Pricing: $50/pp

This event will be capped at 250 guests and tickets will only be sold on Eventbrite.

No refunds will be offered on tickets once they have been purchased.

Please note that this is an offsite event and will not be hosted at the Flying Heritage & Combat Armor Museum. It will be hosted at a secret location on Arlington Airport. You must have pre purchased a ticket to attend. Once you purchase your ticket detailed parking and venue instructions will be emailed to you prior to the event.

In other news their MiG-29 is for sale.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:54 pm 

This begs a question - are they thinning the herd or are we going to see piece after piece sold off?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:46 pm 

hurricane_yank wrote:
This begs a question - are they thinning the herd or are we going to see piece after piece sold off?

I don't have any inside information, but I would guess that it is perhaps just the Mig-29 that they are selling off. It is a completely unpractical aircraft for a multitude of reasons- not just because of the astronomical operating costs - but other reasons as well. For example, there are only a few people in the U.S. who are FAA authorized to fly the Mig-29. There are only 2 that I know of for sure, but there may be more now, as that info is about 7 to 8 years old. Also, I know the neighbors surrounding Paine field absolutely HATE the Mig-29 because of the tremendous noise the afterburner makes on takeoff. If I remember right, there have been numerous complaints lodged to the FAA about it and some serious attempts by local city and county officials to impose rules that would make it impossible to fly there.

At least, I hope that is the only aircraft they are selling off. I would be really disappointed if Paul Allen's dream comes crashing down just because of the non-support from one of his surviving aviation-hating family members who is running the show now.