Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:03 pm 

I'm not a refugee but have been here longer than over at Key. The functionality of the new (Key) forum is not user friendly and if they don't provide a "mark all posts as read" button and sort the topics in order of last post, then I'll become a stranger over there.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:03 pm 

I'm not a refugee but have been here longer than over at Key. The functionality of the new (Key) forum is not user friendly and if they don't provide a "mark all posts as read" button and sort the topics in order of last post, then I'll become a stranger over there.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:15 pm 
WRG Editor
WRG Editor

I'm sure Key Publishing will get things sorted. Historically Flypast and WIX have both provided refugee centers for the other when there have been problems.

Welcome to the Flypast members who haven't been here before and welcome back for those that have.

Be civil, be polite, be nice.... or be elsewhere.
-------------------------------------------------------
This site is brought to you with the support of members like you. If you find this site to be of value to you,
consider supporting this forum and the Warbirds Resource Group with a VOLUNTARY subscription
For as little as $2/month you can help ($2 x 12 = $24/year, less than most magazine subscriptions)
So If you like it here, and want to see it grow, consider helping out.

Thanks to everyone who has so generously supported the site. We really do appreciate it.

Follow us on Twitter! @WIXHQ

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:32 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

I've been on there & wix for years. I'm done with Key's major cluster of a forum downgrade.

Those who can set that knowledge into motion in the physical world are rarer still.

The few who possess real knowledge and can set it into motion of their own hands are the rarest of all.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:22 pm 

I first came here in the very earliest days of WIX when Scott offered we refugees from the Warbirds Worldwide forum a new home. As the forum grew and as a result of that growth naturally became more focussed on historic aviation in the USA, my interest here slowly waned and I inevitably gravitated towards the FP Forum which by its very nature had more of a focus on the situation in the U.K. and Europe.

Hopefully Key can retrieve the situation, which is entirely of their own making, before the position becomes irretrievable.

In the meantime, Scott, thanks a second time, to WIX for welcoming this refugee from t’other side of the pond.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:00 pm 

Yes thanks Scott, I frequent both forums but must say the Flypast one is particularly dire at the moment. I hope they sort it but I have my doubts. Fingers crossed.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:11 am 

I tend to lurk here more than anything else but, like others, I find the new Key format to be more than a little grating!

I hope they fix it, I really do, as I've been on there 16 years and enjoyed it for the most part.

Daz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:59 am 

I 'm on WIX long before discovering Key : both being very complementary for me, as being in Belgium having also news of the eropean warbirds scene is fine.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:56 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Took a look yesterday to see if they have sorted it. Post column is now twice the width it was, which hardly counts as an improvement. Didn't bother staying long enough to read anything.

Those who can set that knowledge into motion in the physical world are rarer still.

The few who possess real knowledge and can set it into motion of their own hands are the rarest of all.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:34 pm 

Yes I'm here too.....can't believe how it's been handled nor how some of the "user-friendly" functions have been removed. Hope it gets sorted.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:45 pm 
WRG Editor
WRG Editor

It's not easy maintaining and upgrading forums. At least with me there's only two opinions that matter, mine and yours. For the guys at Key publishing they probably have a bunch of people to that have to sign off on every little piece, most of whom have no idea what goes into developing it.

Hope they get it sorted

Be civil, be polite, be nice.... or be elsewhere.
-------------------------------------------------------
This site is brought to you with the support of members like you. If you find this site to be of value to you,
consider supporting this forum and the Warbirds Resource Group with a VOLUNTARY subscription
For as little as $2/month you can help ($2 x 12 = $24/year, less than most magazine subscriptions)
So If you like it here, and want to see it grow, consider helping out.

Thanks to everyone who has so generously supported the site. We really do appreciate it.

Follow us on Twitter! @WIXHQ

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:56 am 

From my point of view, without having any information from the inside, but as an expert in information management system including moving from one system to another, it looks like they elected to move from one system board to a new one, without having developped them in house : the lost of functionnalities is not a lack of williness of analyze / have the functionnalities but a lack of the fonctionnalities in the product they bought.

From now, they probably will have to pay (much and much) money if they want customization to retrieve these missing functionnalities.

It's basically as buying an house "as a project we will build for you": the real estate developper will avoid to provide you an estimation for the "little changes you will need, it's nothing" before you sign the purchase agreement, having fear you will break away from the total deal if you know the total cost at this point.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:17 pm 

I used to use the Key forum a lot, until about six months ago I was told in no uncertain terms by several members that I was rude because I didn't properly thank posters who responded to my queries and provided answers or information.

Haven't been back since. They're a bit too stuffy and sensitive for my taste. A lot of them also seemed way too pleased with themselves for their [assumed] expertise.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:02 am 

I simply don't understand why Key decided to mess things up once again? I mean, it's not been long since the most recent "upgrade" and they had just been able to make it reasonably fast and functional!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:19 am 

Hi gang,
Long time no see.
As Photobucket did their best to destroy any trust I had in companies who "cared" for your photographs, so it seems Key Publishing has effectively killed off my pleasure I had for years inhabiting the Historic forum.
Can't even reset my password. Don't want to too. So they have lost me. Over the years I have remained a weekly lurker on WIX where it seems to have still remained a pleasant place to be. Keep it up.
Oh and the Halifax cockpit has gone to East Kirkby, I still have a HP Hampden cockpit section and an Avro Lancaster main instrumenten panel underway.
Can't seem to sit still.
Cheers
Cees (original WWW-forum member)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next