Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Cessna 414 down in NJ. Warbird Associates, Inc.

Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:08 pm

This happened less than 2 miles from my place of employment this morning.

After reading this article, I'm 99% certain many of us know the pilot. It's a damned shame. He was a really nice guy.

https://nypost.com/2019/10/29/new-jerse ... ane-crash/

Re: Cessna 414 down in NJ. Warbird Associates, Inc.

Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:07 pm

It’s out now.

Dr Mike Schloss, former owner of Skyraider Naked Fanny and former President of EAA Warbirds of America, was lost today in a crash in Woodbridge, NJ

Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:33 pm

So sad, blue skies and best wishes to the family.

To all those that say warbirds need to be grounded, take this for example.

I've heard the name here and there, but thanks Mike for perpetuating warbird history.

:( :(

Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:35 pm

What a pity. Tailwinds Doc.

Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:44 am

What a shame. While I did not know him I always enjoyed his Skyraider routine at local shows.

Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:52 am

RIP Dr Schloss.

Ken

Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:09 am

I've known Mike for at least 40 years and haven't seen in awhile, have been wondering what he was up to, emailed him last year and didn't get a reply, guess he had changed his email address. RIP.

Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:33 pm

Mike gave me my very first ride in a Warbird (his T-6) back in the early eighties at Oshkosh. He was always a pleasure to be around and work with at Oshkosh over the years. A tragic loss of a very generous man in our Warbird community. Thanks Mike, for showing a young guy the wonder of Warbirds, you will be missed. God Bless ~ Blue Skies
Post a reply