Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:01 am 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

Seems to have vanished in a puff of fairy dust... :(

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:47 pm 

Yea, I noticed that too. As far as I know, I was the last one to post on that thread. My response doesn't show up under my profile either. It's like it magically disappeared.

I surmise that one of two things happened:

1) Somebody posted something inflammatory and objectionable that caused a Mod to pull it in a "pre-emptive" way to avoid escalation. I think this is a less likely scenario since I saw absolutely no conflict or disagreements on it just prior to it disappearing.

or

2) Somebody posted some "sensitive" information in that thread. Since the topic was "secret restorations", I'm guessing somebody contacted a Mod to have the thread pulled due to info that somebody didn't want posted on a public forum. I would guess this is the more likely scenario.

Can an official Mod please give an answer as to why that thread was pulled? Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:07 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Just part of flying under the radar... :lol:

Phil

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:38 pm 

Obligatory.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:07 pm 

Hey guys, it's not like this site is about exchanging warbird information. Oh, wait!?!

Brandon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:48 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Just my humble opinion, but sometimes owners try to keep things "under the radar" for whatever reason and I think, as a group, we oughta respect that. Just my two cents but I don't have a problem with it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:00 am 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

Dan Jones wrote:
Just my humble opinion, but sometimes owners try to keep things "under the radar" for whatever reason and I think, as a group, we oughta respect that. Just my two cents but I don't have a problem with it.

Yeah, that. A well-known book of wisdom says:

He that is void of wisdom despiseth his neighbor, but a man of understanding holdeth his peace.
A talebearer revealeth secrets, but he that is of a faithful spirit concealeth the matter.

The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but safety is of the LORD. - Prov. 21:31 - Train, Practice, Trust.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:47 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

RyanShort1 wrote:
Dan Jones wrote:

Yeah, that. A well-known book of wisdom says:

He that is void of wisdom despiseth his neighbor, but a man of understanding holdeth his peace.
A talebearer revealeth secrets, but he that is of a faithful spirit concealeth the matter.

Heavy, man. Deep. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:39 am 

Dan Jones wrote:

I understand what you're saying Dan but that's not really the issue. The issue is the thread disappearing or getting pulled.

If it disappeared then the mods need to know and check into it.

If it got pulled then it would be nice to know why. As far as I know it wasn't in any violation of the site guidelines. They could at least let us know what things we're allowed to talk about if not warbird information.

Without a reason there should be no harm in starting the thread back up.

Brandon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:42 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

unsure
You're making me confused
You keep on giving me hues
I think this is an abuse
You make me lose, that's what I can't refuse.

You make me feel like it's brand new,
When I don't know if it's true.
Are you showing me falsity?
What am I feeling? Felicity.

You make me angry, unfair.
I doubt everything, I swear.
You won't divulge, so I don't care.
You frustrate me so, I pull out my hair.

You make me irregular, I soiled my underwear.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:24 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Deuelly wrote:
Dan Jones wrote:

I understand what you're saying Dan but that's not really the issue. The issue is the thread disappearing or getting pulled.

If it disappeared then the mods need to know and check into it.

If it got pulled then it would be nice to know why. As far as I know it wasn't in any violation of the site guidelines. They could at least let us know what things we're allowed to talk about if not warbird information.

Without a reason there should be no harm in starting the thread back up.

Brandon

Yes - you're right. Why the thread disappeared is a valid question.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

All you have to do is ask the Mods. Ask Scott. Send em a PM!!! Eventually you'll get your answer.

But I'll tell ya's this one isn't the only thread missing all of a sudden. I've noticed a couple others as well.

Maybe it's the Russians.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:52 pm 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

Mark Allen M wrote:
All you have to do is ask the Mods. Ask Scott. Send em a PM!!! Eventually you'll get your answer.

But I'll tell ya's this one isn't the only thread missing all of a sudden. I've noticed a couple others as well.

Maybe it's the Russians.

If it's getting pulled by request of warbirds people I hope they are throwing the website some money, too, for the trouble! pop2 pop1 :wink: Otherwise...

The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but safety is of the LORD. - Prov. 21:31 - Train, Practice, Trust.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:10 pm 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

RyanShort1 wrote:
Mark Allen M wrote:

Maybe it's the Russians.

If it's getting pulled by request of warbirds people I hope they are throwing the website some money, too, for the trouble! pop2 pop1 :wink: Otherwise...

Ryan Short! I'm surprised at you young man! :shock: Suggesting we move to the dark side! Tho...I hear blackmail can be quite rewarding... :twisted:

"Ahh..."The Deuce", 28,000 pounds of motherly love." quote from some Mojave Grunt
DBF

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:19 pm 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

airnutz wrote:
RyanShort1 wrote:
Mark Allen M wrote:

Maybe it's the Russians.

Ryan Short! I'm surprised at you young man! :shock: Suggesting we move to the dark side! Tho...I hear blackmail can be quite rewarding... :twisted:

LOL, that was really meant tongue-firmly-in-cheek as I really don't know what else to make of it. The opposite would be also bad - like if Scott was getting threatened with some legal action if it wasn't pulled.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next