Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

75 Years age - Battle of the bulge.

Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:00 pm

https://news.yahoo.com/battle-bulge-75- ... 00154.html

Phil

Re: 75 Years age - Battle of the bulge.

Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:53 pm

Hello,

I was in Bastogne yesterday to see a part of the public commemoration.
As they aldredy did last summer (in two temporary airfield), a group of Piper Cub owners organized to open an temporary airfield at Bizory very close of Bastogne on the same location a group of Piper Cub were operated during the battle of the Bulge. The weather conditions made very little number of flights were possible on saturday. On Sunday, there was no rain but the wind remained strong : a few rotating were done from the tempory airfied.

In the center of Bastogne itself, a long convoy of historic vehicules with reenactors crossed the city, with a flight of 8 Piper Cubs in close formation overflying the city various time, despite the very windy conditions.
It was very nice.

No picture at this time: I was with my little daughter but I hope to receive pictures from a friend)

I didn't attented but today was for the official commemoration with representatives of the vary nations, including for the first time Germany with their President.

Re: 75 Years age - Battle of the bulge.

Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:45 pm

Dad's brother KIA.

Mom's brother KIA.

Post a reply