Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:23 pm 

airshowguy223 wrote:
Again, we are talking about an airshow (TOM), not the Virus, we know the show is drive-in, and there is nothing we can do about it and complaining about the scenario won't make things better. Let's just hope the TOM organizers will put together a good lineup and show even in the current environment. They always come through and I trust that they will be able to pull it off this year.

Also, I have been hearing rumors that the Snowbirds will be at KYIP for a drive-in show on the Tuesday evening of June, 22. Although the Snowbirds have Hanover on their schedule for that day, but Hanover may be canceled because it is such a small show, but again, no confirmations, just rumors. Gives us a smaller event to look forward to if you are in the area if that is the case.

Thank You! I'm sick of seeing all this Covid-19 related BS. On another note, I'm hoping the RCAF Snowbirds do show up, that'll be a nice touch to this year along with TOM.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:06 am 

I am seeing this $165 a car price. I have not gotten any clarity though if this price would affect someone coming in a carload of 1. I would be coming up from Florida and attending on my own, would I still have to pay $165?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:43 am 

I am just trying to get everyone to shut up about the factors that might effect the quality of the show, when we should really be talking about what they can manage to get, lineups, tickets, etc.

For the pricing, it may be only worth that steep price if you have enough people that you can cram into your car.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:16 am 

airshowguy223 wrote:
I am just trying to get everyone to shut up about the factors that might effect the quality of the show, when we should really be talking about what they can manage to get, lineups, tickets, etc.

For the pricing, it may be only worth that steep price if you have enough people that you can cram into your car.

If you have a car that fits 4-6 people and you split the cost, that's about $30-$40 a person. Around the same price as a normal airshow.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:34 am 

robert16627 wrote:
airshowguy223 wrote:

If you have a car that fits 4-6 people and you split the cost, that's about $30-$40 a person. Around the same price as a normal airshow.

One of the issues with this is that TOM is one of those airshows where a lot of the attendees are the hardcore warbird fans, and a lot of those people go alone or maybe with a friend, not an entire family with wife and kids. Just not sure how this is going to be money making wise or attendee wise, but hopefully it’s better than nothing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:35 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

How about if I'm on my motorcycle... :P

Phil

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:08 pm 

GRNDP51 wrote:
robert16627 wrote:
airshowguy223 wrote:

One of the issues with this is that TOM is one of those airshows where a lot of the attendees are the hardcore warbird fans, and a lot of those people go alone or maybe with a friend, not an entire family with wife and kids. Just not sure how this is going to be money making wise or attendee wise, but hopefully it’s better than nothing.

exactly, as I stated I would be coming up from Florida alone to attend this. I don't have 5 people to jam into my car unless I go to Woodward and 8 Mile to pick up some hookers, but still the cost will probably be more than their daily earnings so I will still probably get stuck with the cost.

Honestly they should be charging by the head - $50 is fair

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:37 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

"Honestly they should be charging by the head - $50 is fair"
The Hookers.... :P

Phil

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

phil65 wrote:
How about if I'm on my motorcycle... :P

Phil

Rhetorical question

You have a bike.

Airports have fences.

What would Steve McQueen do?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:11 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Steve McQueen... :prayer:

Phil

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:11 pm 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

Dan K wrote:

Rhetorical question

You have a bike.

Airports have fences.

Crack it up, get caught by security and end up in the cooler again? (oops, forgot to say Spoiler Alert :lol: )

Mechanic: "Flap switch checked OK. Pilot needs more P.T." - Flight report, TB-17G 42-102875 (Hobbs AAF)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Could've sworn they said masks were optional outside...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:49 pm 

Chris Brame wrote:
Dan K wrote:

Rhetorical question

You have a bike.

Airports have fences.

Crack it up, get caught by security and end up in the cooler again? (oops, forgot to say Spoiler Alert :lol: )

I guess I will have someone to join me in the clink when I get caught bringing in those Woodward hookers.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:26 pm 

Yankee’s N6080 is flying again. Quick search shows it’s John Bagley’s. Rumor going around is he plans on being a “TOM regular” with it. pop2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:25 pm 

GRNDP51 wrote:
Yankee’s N6080 is flying again. Quick search shows it’s John Bagley’s. Rumor going around is he plans on being a “TOM regular” with it. pop2

https://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquir ... mberResult

Great news! Hope we see it flying at Thunder Over Michigan.

Would be great to see it flying with the Cavanaugh Caribou one of these days, and a 3-ship with the C-123K Thunder Pig leading both Caribous would be radial Heaven and an outstanding sight.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next