Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:03 am 

A26 Special K wrote:
Michael, nice list of B-25’s. Have you got one for A-26’s? Any coming? Thx

With B-25 Mitchells as this year's theme aircraft I think they are concentrating on getting as many B-25's as possible, hopefully somewhere in the neighborhood of 18-20 or more.

There are usually other warbird types there in addition to the theme type, and it would be outstanding to see "Special K" there in August or any other A-26.

8)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:04 am 

michael luther wrote:
Just added,

The Commemorative Air Force's B-25J Mitchell "Show Me!"!

:D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:37 pm 

Ticket holders got an email today with the following info:

-Drive-in format, each morning show with F-35 demo and afternoon show with the Thunderbirds. The B-25 gathering is still on but no details on which show(s) it will happen.
-All previously sold 2020-2021 tickets are void
-Each 2020-2021 ticketholder/buyer gets one car pass. The way I read it no matter how many tickets or days for you bought you get one car pass. I bought two tickets one for each day and I got one pass.
-Previous ticketholders only have two days to redeem their passes on April 15 and 16.
-You can take as many people as can legally fit in your vehicle.
-You can sit directly adjacent to your vehicle.
-No statics
-You can bring your own food and drink, no alcohol
-No tailgating
-Social distancing, details to follow

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:55 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

I had an extremely negative reaction to the announcement that they would split morning/afternoon shows, but getting a complimentary car pass to one sort of helps. I'd still rather just go to one normal drive-in show featuring everything but this is better than nothing I guess. I'm certainly not paying some of the prices I've seen quoted elsewhere for a half day show.

We're going to go to the morning session since we think it will be less of a cluster with parking and we think we'll get a better spot. We'll pass on the afternoon and if it turns out that the B-25s aren't going to fly in the morning, we'll just stay home. The whole point of going to Thunder is the unique warbird gatherings. If they aren't featuring them in the show we pick, there isn't much reason to go.

Hope TOM can provide some clarity on which shows the B-25s will fly in before we have to make a decision.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:13 am 

BK wrote:
Ticket holders got an email today with the following info:

-Drive-in format, each morning show with F-35 demo and afternoon show with the Thunderbirds. The B-25 gathering is still on but no details on which show(s) it will happen.
-All previously sold 2020-2021 tickets are void
-Each 2020-2021 ticketholder/buyer gets one car pass. The way I read it no matter how many tickets or days for you bought you get one car pass. I bought two tickets one for each day and I got one pass.
-Previous ticketholders only have two days to redeem their passes on April 15 and 16.
-You can take as many people as can legally fit in your vehicle.
-You can sit directly adjacent to your vehicle.
-No statics
-You can bring your own food and drink, no alcohol
-No tailgating
-Social distancing, details to follow

From how I understood it, You got a drive in pass for every ticket you bought because I did the 3 for $25 deal and in the email, they said I could redeem 2 passes.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:17 pm 

I contacted them about the change in format for the airshow and received the answers below to some of the questions I asked.

If you preordered tickets, you are eligible for 1 Drive-In car pass per order, not per ticket. It doesn't matter how many tickets you purchased with that order.
The cost of a Drive-In car pass is $165.
The morning and afternoon airshows are basically the same, other than the military displays, as they can only fly once per day.
The B-25's are still the feature of the show and are flying in both shows.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:30 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

509thJeff wrote:
I contacted them about the change in format for the airshow and received the answers below to some of the questions I asked.

If you preordered tickets, you are eligible for 1 Drive-In car pass per order, not per ticket. It doesn't matter how many tickets you purchased with that order.
The cost of a Drive-In car pass is $165.
The morning and afternoon airshows are basically the same, other than the military displays, as they can only fly once per day.
The B-25's are still the feature of the show and are flying in both shows.

Good to hear the B-25s are flying in both shows. That makes the decision to go in the morning an easy one for us.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:53 pm 

I would think that $165 is a bit steep for a person going by himself.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:01 pm 

Hey Mods, can you clean up this thread and get rid of the Covid nonsense? I’m interested in the Airshow and have had enough of Mark Allen M’s garbage posts.
Thanks,

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:12 am 

I wonder how this is going to effect Friday's taxiway and Sat/Sunday's photo pit area.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:59 am 

kennsmithf2g wrote:
I wonder how this is going to effect Friday's taxiway and Sat/Sunday's photo pit area.

I was told those were eliminated.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:20 pm 

hurricane_yank wrote:
kennsmithf2g wrote:

:o

IF the Friday Taxiway Photography AND Saturday and Sunday Photo Pits have been ELIMINATED, I hope that they tell us SOON, so we can make final decisions about whether to attend or not this year.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:02 pm 

hurricane_yank wrote:
kennsmithf2g wrote:

Partially wrong, the Sat/Sunday Photo Pits are still on but I was highly advised to move the tickets to 2022. I won 2 in a giveaway so I'm not sure if everyone will have the opportunity to do that.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:31 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Read the article.

For the sake of the air show happening at all, and for the poor folks in Michigan (my home state), I hope they can weather this latest COVID spike. It’s awful what’s happening.

I wish nothing but the best for TOM, I hope it still happens and with great success.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:14 pm 

Again, we are talking about an airshow (TOM), not the Virus, we know the show is drive-in, and there is nothing we can do about it and complaining about the scenario won't make things better. Let's just hope the TOM organizers will put together a good lineup and show even in the current environment. They always come through and I trust that they will be able to pull it off this year.

Also, I have been hearing rumors that the Snowbirds will be at KYIP for a drive-in show on the Tuesday evening of June, 22. Although the Snowbirds have Hanover on their schedule for that day, but Hanover may be canceled because it is such a small show, but again, no confirmations, just rumors. Gives us a smaller event to look forward to if you are in the area if that is the case.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next