Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post subject: Pictures from phone?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:37 pm 

Any way to post pictures here directly from a phone? Photobucket is such a pain.

Post subject: Re: Pictures from phone?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:39 pm 

Scott was offering direct upload to the site for a small subscription fee, can't speak to how well it would work from a phone personally. Anyone else?
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=40386

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:31 am 

When you post a reply, there should be a box that enables you to upload an attachment, just scroll down a bit past the 'submit' and 'cancel' buttons. I haven't tested this on my phone yet, but it should work.
Attachment:
Screenshot 2021-09-09 at 11.29.24.png
Screenshot 2021-09-09 at 11.29.24.png [ 30.14 KiB | Viewed 1156 times ]

Click on 'Browse', find the file you want to attach to the post and once the dialog has closed, click on 'Add the file'. Once you're back to the editor you can see a new line below the message box that will allow you to place the photo at a selected position within your message. Alternatively, just leave the rest as is and the photos will be at the bottom of your post.

Edit: I see that this used to be a 'subscribers only' option, but Scott also posted later on that he enabled it for everyone... not sure what the status is for you.

Edit no.2: I just tried this on my phone and somehow the site produces an error when I log in and try to post a reply. If I switch to 'full style' instead of the mobile version I don't get that error and I do see the attachment option, so that should work.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:12 am 
Been here a long time
Been here a long time

Due to the size limitation of uploading directly to the site (as a subscriber), photos need to be reduced in size. That requires an extra step using an outside application. I "wish" the WIX software could automatically reduce the photo size to fit.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:00 am 

Good point, I had not thought of that. Image resizing requires external applications and the forum software doesn't support that AFAIK. If you need help with this 67N20, feel free to send me a PM or e-mail. I can sort out the photo logistics for you.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:47 pm 

Well, I got links for each picture posted onto the Cole Funeral Flyover post. Have no idea why just links to each picture show up as opposed to the pictures themselves.

If the file size is too large, I can't find anywhere on my laptop or Photobucket to reduce the file size before posting.

Anyone is free to copy them and get them posted where they can be seen without clicking on a link for each one.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:59 pm 

67N20 wrote:
Well, I got links for each picture posted onto the Cole Funeral Flyover post. Have no idea why just links to each picture show up as opposed to the pictures themselves.

If the file size is too large, I can't find anywhere on my laptop or Photobucket to reduce the file size before posting.

Anyone is free to copy them and get them posted where they can be seen without clicking on a link for each one.

you had the links correct you just need the [img]insert_image_link_here[/img] tags for each photo.

For example, I added --- to each side of your link below to break the code from working to show you how to do it.

[img]---https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/nn193/rcbta/Cole_Flyover_4.jpeg?width=450&height=278&crop=fill---[/img]

There is a Img button at the top of the post toolbar to make these Img tags for you as well :drink3:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:01 pm 

With my wife's help I got it figured out. It works differently than it used too.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:07 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Archer wrote:
Good point, I had not thought of that. Image resizing requires external applications and the forum software doesn't support that AFAIK. If you need help with this 67N20, feel free to send me a PM or e-mail. I can sort out the photo logistics for you.

GIMP is a great program for this. It's essentially a free and open source version of Photoshop. They also have a number of great tutorials on their website - including one on how to reduce the size of an image. Just recall that to be posted on WIX the images must be smaller than 1024 x 1024 pixels and 2 megabytes.

Warbird Philosophy Webmaster