Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:44 pm 
Been here a long time
Been here a long time

From the Connie Edwards collection. This would look great in my garden. I wonder if they would trade a freshly restored SNJ for it?

https://www.boschungglobal.com/Inventor ... Q0fxCaydDI

Attachments:
Edwards-109-2.JPG

Edwards-109.JPG

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:52 pm 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

Your garden? Suuuuurrrrrreee! That'll last. One day you'll be there fondling your petunia's and you'll muse, " I wonder if I can get'er to run?" Next thing ya' know...she runs, you give 'er a little throttle and the tail lifts. :shock: A little more "what ifs" happens and, voila!....You've traded something that could bite you for something that WILL bite you in a completely different way. We'll be waiting Brandon... pop2

"Ahh..."The Deuce", 28,000 pounds of motherly love." quote from some Mojave Grunt
DBF

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:52 pm 
Been here a long time
Been here a long time

airnutz wrote:
Your garden? Suuuuurrrrrreee! That'll last. One day you'll be there fondling your petunia's and you'll muse, " I wonder if I can get'er to run?" Next thing ya' know...she runs, you give 'er a little throttle and the tail lifts. :shock: A little more "what ifs" happens and, voila!....You've traded something that could bite you for something that WILL bite you in a completely different way. We'll be waiting Brandon... pop2
I sort of grew up with the HA-1112s in the Chicago area at the Victory Air Museum. Still had the original movie paint. The thing dreams are made of.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:35 pm 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

bdk wrote:
airnutz wrote:
I sort of grew up with the HA-1112s in the Chicago area at the Victory Air Museum. Still had the original movie paint. The thing dreams are made of.

I get it. I always wanted a ride in the 2-seater. If I got enough rides there's a probability I would been treated to a Messer groundloop experience. The closest I got was I have the stick grip to C.4K-144.

"Ahh..."The Deuce", 28,000 pounds of motherly love." quote from some Mojave Grunt
DBF

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:26 am 

The oleos look a tad low... just put some nitrogen in there and you're good to go hunting Spitfires!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:27 am 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Speaking of Mr. Brandon!

Quote:
I wonder if they would trade a freshly restored SNJ for it?

Any recent pics of the said bird?

Cheers.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:24 am 

bdk wrote:
airnutz wrote:

We must have bumped into each other, A few of my buddy's and me visited there. ( Garbs on this forum) I liked the 1/3rd of the
PBY that you could climb the stairs in. That place was an amusement park for teenage warbird aficionados.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:45 am 
Been here a long time
Been here a long time

L-188 wrote:
We must have bumped into each other, A few of my buddy's and me visited there. ( Garbs on this forum) I liked the 1/3rd of the
PBY that you could climb the stairs in. That place was an amusement park for teenage warbird aficionados.
No question about that! I still get to see some of those planes that are either based at Chino or have passed through over the years.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:47 am 
Been here a long time
Been here a long time

Michel,

Please have a look at the cars and planes thread!

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=72619

Michel Lemieux wrote:
Speaking of Mr. Brandon!

Quote:
I wonder if they would trade a freshly restored SNJ for it?

Any recent pics of the said bird?

Cheers.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:26 am 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Tks Mr Brandon!

I like the combination of polished with the yellow wings.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:27 am 
Been here a long time
Been here a long time

Michel Lemieux wrote:
Tks Mr Brandon!

I like the combination of polished with the yellow wings.
Thanks Michel! Intended to honor the carrier training aircraft flown off the Wolverine and Sable in Lake Michigan.