Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

MIG-29

Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:41 am

Talk about timing. I thought i saw an F-16 departing Kenosha WI (ENW) on Friday July 29th (just based on the angle) 20 or so minutes later saw him angling in on approach to 25R. Thought it was odd when a blast of black smoke as he levelled out. Low and behold it was the elusive MIG 29 said to inhabit the midwest. A little hard to reorient an 18 wheeler and see where he went......
I would have put this in the What did you see flying thread but darned if I could find it. EDIT: Just saw the video of where it was headed. And here I thought i had a conspiracy ....... :drinkers:

Re: MIG-29

Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:43 pm

It is the ex-Paul Allen MiG-29, N29UB, owned by Jared Isaacman and based in Montana, very recently repainted. It arrived at Oshkosh yesterday, displaying with the Polaris Program, which will be flying during the airshow again today.

Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:00 pm

I missed seeing this on a few trips to Everett when it was there, but I never caught it there.
Anyone see this aircraft in the Netflix documentary "Countdown"? They show the entire 'crew' in a formation flight with this in the lead. It's not in there for long, but it's impossible to miss once you get to that spot.
Last edited by p51 on Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:20 am

Anyone else not seen it? pop2

Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:36 am

I can't remember where I heard this, but wasn't there a MIG 29 based/stored in Rockford IL? (KRFD) I was thinking this was the bird but obviously wrong about that.

Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:45 pm

Must have been a sight!

Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:38 pm

L-188 wrote:I can't remember where I heard this, but wasn't there a MIG 29 based/stored in Rockford IL? (KRFD) I was thinking this was the bird but obviously wrong about that.

You're probably thinking of the pair of Su-27UBs that Pride Aircraft had refurbished:

https://web.archive.org/web/20100306074 ... lanker.htm

Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:21 pm

AHHH probably what I was thinking of. Thanks for the correction.
Post a reply