Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:21 am 

I have a couple of questions the fine folks here might be able to help me with.

Having a wander about Payne Field, WA recently, I saw a sign right next door (or perhaps same hangar as) the Me 262 project that says "The Zero Factory" superimposed over a hinomaru with some Japanese beside it. I've plunked around on the internet and found nothing about them? Any insights here?

Second, I've noticed these three military painted 767s parked right across from the FCHAM for a while. But they have N numbers, not mil numbers. Looks like they've flown in from San Antonio a while back (see N461FT here: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N461FT/history/20181213/1400Z/KSKF/KPAE). Perhaps left overs from the troubled KC-46 program?

Finally, is there a way to drag and drop photos here or do I have to have an external hosting service.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:55 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

According to planespotters N461FT is a KC-46A registered to Boeing, line number 1065. Looks like most of the KC-46's had civil registrations before delivery to the USAF, and it looks like 4 still remain with Boeing for test or pending delivery (N461FT, N462KC, N463FT, N464KC). Registered as N461FT, due to be 11-46001 upon delivery to the USAF. She might be the first "production" KC-46 and I could see "FT" being for flight test, but just a educated guess.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:17 am 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

StangStung wrote:
Having a wander about Payne Field, WA recently, I saw a sign right next door (or perhaps same hangar as) the Me 262 project that says "The Zero Factory" superimposed over a hinomaru with some Japanese beside it. I've plunked around on the internet and found nothing about them? Any insights here?

That is the company called Legend Flyers, which did the Me 262 Project aircraft. Over the past several years they have been focused now on the Zero, in particular the rebuild of A6M3 Model 32, c/n 3148.