Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Scott Rose wrote:
I posted this on the facebook group and the same applies here:

Facebook WIX wrote:
Today several members of the warbird community died in a horrific accident in Texas. I ask that all comments about this incident be respectful and criticism be kept to a minimum. Speculation always occurs in these events but lets respect the families and friends of these aviators and keep the opinions to ourselves and let the FAA due it's job. There will be time for discussion in the future.

And there’s always this from the owner of WIX.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:13 pm 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

Xray wrote:
Not sure what "questions" you are referring to, I have noticed that you silencers have a tendency to attack the messenger whilst ignoring the message.
p51 for instance attacked this Juan guy on a totally unrelated matter for having the nerve to post airboss audio, that is ludicrous and juvenile if you ask me. You specifically call me pushy and annoying then say "C'mon man, lets be bros !" ,, Seems to me your best course would be put me on ignore, thats what I do to pushy and annoying people.

I have done very little speculating if any, not exactly sure what you guys are on about - If you want a total bubble of silence, the internet generally is not the best place to find it.

Tim Savage was eloquent and heartfelt in his post, which I missed and just now read. Again, not sure what he finds offensive. I'm not peddling rumors or innuendo, and again, a total wall of silence is a bit much to ask for, especially when new factors are introduced such as airboss audio which we all knew existed and all knew it was a matter of time before it was released.

I'd suggest you go back and try to understand what Kyleb and Tim said. I was basically just seconding what they said.

In your post that I'm quoting you make some assumptions that aren't accurate. For instance, we aren't attacking Juan for posting the audio, The beef with him is the spin he then put on it, and his willful choice to pin factually incorrect comments about the Airboss' experience level. P51's comment regarding Juan's other deal was relevant because he and Dan G appear to have a history of looking for attention, and doing stuff and putting out attention-seeking videos even though they should know better.

Also, I specifically denied trying to silence you, and you go right there in your first sentence. Mwa. I don't want to put people on ignore, so don't ask me to ignore you. I'm asking that you listen to reason.

The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but safety is of the LORD. - Prov. 21:31 - Train, Practice, Trust.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:36 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Xray wrote:
p51 for instance attacked this Juan guy on a totally unrelated matter for having the nerve to post airboss audio, that is ludicrous and juvenile if you ask me.
I have no idea what you're talking about. I was speaking in generalities, for a sequence of events that happens most of the time in cases like this.

Owner, 1944 Willys MB #366014
Former REMF (US Army, O3)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:32 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

RyanShort1 wrote:
Xray wrote:
Not sure what "questions" you are referring to, I have noticed that you silencers have a tendency to attack the messenger whilst ignoring the message.
p51 for instance attacked this Juan guy on a totally unrelated matter for having the nerve to post airboss audio, that is ludicrous and juvenile if you ask me. You specifically call me pushy and annoying then say "C'mon man, lets be bros !" ,, Seems to me your best course would be put me on ignore, thats what I do to pushy and annoying people.

I have done very little speculating if any, not exactly sure what you guys are on about - If you want a total bubble of silence, the internet generally is not the best place to find it.

Tim Savage was eloquent and heartfelt in his post, which I missed and just now read. Again, not sure what he finds offensive. I'm not peddling rumors or innuendo, and again, a total wall of silence is a bit much to ask for, especially when new factors are introduced such as airboss audio which we all knew existed and all knew it was a matter of time before it was released.

I'd suggest you go back and try to understand what Kyleb and Tim said. I was basically just seconding what they said.

In your post that I'm quoting you make some assumptions that aren't accurate. For instance, we aren't attacking Juan for posting the audio, The beef with him is the spin he then put on it, and his willful choice to pin factually incorrect comments about the Airboss' experience level. P51's comment regarding Juan's other deal was relevant because he and Dan G appear to have a history of looking for attention, and doing stuff and putting out attention-seeking videos even though they should know better.

Also, I specifically denied trying to silence you, and you go right there in your first sentence. Mwa. I don't want to put people on ignore, so don't ask me to ignore you. I'm asking that you listen to reason.

I watched Juan's commentary on the recent tragic ATR-72 crash in Nepal and one thing he said in his video stood out to me... he showed the video taken from the balcony where you see the aircraft stall and fall off to the left, then he said there was additional video which he could not share because, and this is almost a direct quote, "YouTube will demonetize the channel."

Controversial takes drive viewership - whether through genuine interest or just hate-watching to get pissed off about what he said. Either way, he wins - it's literally how he makes money. Eyeballs=revenue. (It's how ALL "influencers" make money... there's an entire "outrage industrial complex" out there.) Same goes for Dan G.

Remember, they're not simply innocent purveyors of fact-based information... those channels exist because the people running them are profiting from the content they post there. They're going to tailor their content to get as many eyeballs looking at their channel as possible. And there's nothing inherently wrong with that - yay capitalism, right? The real problem here is that he's making controversial statements which involve close friends of a lot of people here, and I can't blame those folks for taking exception to his commentary or how he chooses to portray the sequence of events.

My solution is simply not to make a habit of watching them. Others may choose a different approach.

Respectfully,

Lynn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:37 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yes, all correct Lynn, and sadly our mainstream media, social media and politics in America prescribe to this same formula. What makes this all the worse are people who are just not willing to take the time to fact check and research responsibly and instead ingest all this nonsense.

And of course, this is why our country is so divided and toxic. Truth ready does matter and taking the time to properly research and wait for facts to be presented are always the best approach.

No matter what the final truth is regarding this tragic accident, and the truth will be revealed eventually, all that matters right now is the welfare of the families and friends of those they lost.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:04 am 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

Mark Allen M wrote:
And of course, this is why our country is so divided and toxic. Truth ready does matter and taking the time to properly research and wait for facts to be presented are always the best approach.

Mark, I couldn't agree more. There are of course times when drastic measures seem appropriate to avoid further loss, but the answer to an alleged mythical "cowboy" culture error is going to be vastly different to the answer to a "complacent professional" culture, for instance, and it really does matter which direction the NTSB analysis takes this. None of us want to lose any more friends, or have our kids watch another mid-air collision.

The results and conclusions of this accident report could truly make or break an industry, and affect the lives of everyone that restores and maintains warbirds. It's best to make sure that the right lessons are learned and corrections implemented.

The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but safety is of the LORD. - Prov. 21:31 - Train, Practice, Trust.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:15 am 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

lmritger wrote:

I watched Juan's commentary on the recent tragic ATR-72 crash in Nepal and one thing he said in his video stood out to me... he showed the video taken from the balcony where you see the aircraft stall and fall off to the left, then he said there was additional video which he could not share because, and this is almost a direct quote, "YouTube will demonetize the channel."

That's probably the video from the guy who live-streamed the approach & crash from inside the aircraft.

Those who can set that knowledge into motion in the physical world are rarer still.

The few who possess real knowledge and can set it into motion of their own hands are the rarest of all.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:14 am 

lmritger wrote:

Controversial takes drive viewership - whether through genuine interest or just hate-watching to get pissed off about what he said. Either way, he wins - it's literally how he makes money. Eyeballs=revenue. (It's how ALL "influencers" make money... there's an entire "outrage industrial complex" out there.) Same goes for Dan G.

Remember, they're not simply innocent purveyors of fact-based information... those channels exist because the people running them are profiting from the content they post there. They're going to tailor their content to get as many eyeballs looking at their channel as possible. And there's nothing inherently wrong with that - yay capitalism, right? The real problem here is that he's making controversial statements which involve close friends of a lot of people here, and I can't blame those folks for taking exception to his commentary or how he chooses to portray the sequence of events.

My solution is simply not to make a habit of watching them. Others may choose a different approach.

Respectfully,

Lynn

I haven't been a fan of Gryder since his recent antics taunting NTSB officials and victim's families. But to be fair to him I believe he says that he doesn't monetize his channel and has started taking some of his videos back down within a week. Regarding the Wings over Dallas incident, he does have some interesting theories if correct.

Both Juan and Dan have a positive purpose for their YouTube channels, which is to stress safety. Dan does a regular review of the most recent aviation accidents and gives his take/advice on what happened with an emphasis on safety and what not to do in that situation.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:55 pm 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

DoraNineFan wrote:
I haven't been a fan of Gryder since his recent antics taunting NTSB officials and victim's families. But to be fair to him I believe he says that he doesn't monetize his channel and has started taking some of his videos back down within a week. Regarding the Wings over Dallas incident, he does have some interesting theories if correct.

Both Juan and Dan have a positive purpose for their YouTube channels, which is to stress safety. Dan does a regular review of the most recent aviation accidents and gives his take/advice on what happened with an emphasis on safety and what not to do in that situation.

Dan has been wrong about several of those, though, and has had to retract things multiple times. Safety advice is fine, but it's not cool to jump to the wrong conclusion, and for sure he's jumped to conclusions with this incident. His "interesting theories" are flat out uninformed. Worse, some info was given to him to help correct bad information that was ignored.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:31 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

DoraNineFan wrote:

Dan is sort of local and his reputation is worse with people who know him up close than with people who know him at a distance.

I don't put any credibility into his work. He's quick to judge, doesn't apologize for being wrong, and simply disappears his content when it is obviously off-base. He's quick to blame others (see: TBM crash) but there was no mea culpa from him when the gear on his C-47 collapsed because of poor maintenance/inspections.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:25 am 

lmritger wrote:

Respectfully,

Lynn

Thanks for listening to his video so I would not have to, Lynn, and catching that comment. Aside from the attention whore aspect of his channel (who the hell writes to their local paper bragging about their role in an in-flight emergency?), I had a feeling that those two were making money. Right wing, left wing, if there's not a controversy, INVENT ONE!!

'scuse me now, I've gotta go buy some M&Ms.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:29 am 

Here is a nice tribute video.
Note: Even though it is called "The Final Mission", it doesn't go into the disaster at all, and no footage is from that fateful day in Dallas.
We have all seen more than enough of that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbC5L1zJmQI

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:04 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

A very nice tribute video... :cry:

Phil

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:22 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

NTSB Update 03/11/2024

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/local ... fca194881a

https://data.ntsb.gov/Docket?ProjectID=106276

Last edited by mike furline on Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:15 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Kyleb wrote:
DoraNineFan wrote:

Dan is sort of local and his reputation is worse with people who know him up close than with people who know him at a distance.

I don't put any credibility into his work. He's quick to judge, doesn't apologize for being wrong, and simply disappears his content when it is obviously off-base. He's quick to blame others (see: TBM crash) but there was no mea culpa from him when the gear on his C-47 collapsed because of poor maintenance/inspections.

Since this was posted
I'll point out he lost a million dollar defamation suit from a person he made professional and personal accusations against in one of his videos.
If he was interested only in safety, I fail to see the relevance of making personal (sexual) allegations.

Here's a review of the case...
https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/all ... defamation

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next