Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 4:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post subject: The art of a good thread
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:45 am 

The art of a good thread is to not be 100% accurate on your information as although you may get thousands of lookers, you may not get any replies. It is best to be only 90% or 95% accurate, thus allowing yourself to be open to deep and meaningful information from knowledgeable people willing to enlighten you.
So have a Merry Christmas and a Happy
:drink3:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:46 am 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

I think you're wrong about that. Your post needs to be 100% good, but ask the right kind of questions, or simply so stunning that people feel compelled to respond. Or... oh, wait. Nice troll!

The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but safety is of the LORD. - Prov. 21:31 - Train, Practice, Trust.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:23 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

I've yet to learn how to post pictures, that would be great. Meanwhile, I almost never research before posting. Sometimes , I'm right and sometimes I miss it big time. Getting shot down in flames helps me to put a little more thought into each post. It's great when one someone has more accurate, detailed information. You guys have made me a better warbird nerd!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:59 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Is this thread an original or a data plate restoration?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:11 pm 

Where would a good thread be without plenty of room for off topic drift; highly educational for some, extremely irritating to others... :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:34 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

kalamazookid wrote:
Is this thread an original or a data plate restoration?

Okay, that's funny right there.

Warbird Philosophy Webmaster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:16 am 

On a slightly more serious note:

A good thread starts with a good informative Subject line.

Subjects like "Help Please!" or "Got a Question" or "What about this?" are really BAD subjects and I never look at the post because quite often it's a waste of my time.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:47 am 
Been here a long time
Been here a long time

DADE wrote:
The art of a good thread is to not be 100% accurate on your information as although you may get thousands of lookers, you may not get any replies. It is best to be only 90% or 95% accurate, thus allowing yourself to be open to deep and meaningful information from knowledgeable people willing to enlighten you.
You might get more "Likes" if you posted this comment at one of the numerous "Facebook" type groups. Please don't turn this into a vapid social media site!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:25 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Also, make sure you infer - I know something you don't know, but I'm not telling... :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:31 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

DADE wrote:

For what it's worth, there's actually a term for this. It's called "Cunningham's Law".

Warbird Philosophy Webmaster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:18 pm 

A human being face to face can talk, hear, have facial expressions and hand gestures to receive information that stimulates each other. On a thread people are willing to provide a lot of information but receive zero acknowledgement for it. The views can amount to thousands, but the replies can be zero to only a couple of people. If you want 100% then acknowledge the writer and not just view the information.
Mark Allen M is one of these people that provides amazing photos but gets zero replies. Tom Hanks at least when marooned on an island had a coconut to talk too, but not everyone has a coconut. I ended up with more replies than some of the writers that supply everyone with information, they may not have been positive but they replied to my thread, so please reply to the people who give their time and effort. Nobody finished my Happy with New Year or looked at my smiley face to show how I related to the thread. So here I go again. :drink3:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:22 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

My threads are the “Adult Magazines” of WIX. A lot of views just to look at the pictures LOL

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:34 pm 

Your are my best Adult Magazines Mark, LOL and three smiley faces :drink3: :drink3: :drink3: