Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:59 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Xray wrote:
[Thread title is ridiculous btw]

I’d change it to [Go F**k Yourself …. Idiotboy!!] but that’d mean I was only directing this thread to you, and that wouldn’t be fair to all the others who aren’t as unstable and triggered as you. Not to mention not as worried about being “baited” on Internet forums as you seem to be.

You once again bringing your piss poor attitude over to WIX from one of your White Nationalist sites is always entertaining though. Keep it up stringbean!! Your banning awaits you.

In the meantime piss off A-hole!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:17 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Stoney wrote:
Clayton Kelly Gross of the 354th GP, 9th AF, author of the book "Live Bait" 6 victories, one of them was a 262.

Great book! Just finished reading it in preparation for building a model of his P-51B. Is the initial photo in this thread from Gross' kill?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:06 pm 

Mark Allen M wrote:
Xray wrote:

I’d change it to [Go F**k Yourself …. Idiotboy!!] but that’d mean I was only directing this thread to you, and that wouldn’t be fair to all the others who aren’t as unstable and triggered as you. Not to mention not as worried about being “baited” on Internet forums as you seem to be.

You once again bringing your piss poor attitude over to WIX from one of your White Nationalist sites is always entertaining though. Keep it up stringbean!! Your banning awaits you.

Lol, White Nationalist, WTF are you talking about, Nancy ?
And I'm the triggered one, oh ok sure

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:11 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Nothing like it.

As Phil and others state, it is wartime, a significant part of maneuvering warfare is exploiting an opponent at a disadvantage, and part of the job is reducing your enemies ability to wage war. (and I'm not saying it is OK to shoot or pitchfork crews escaping from stricken aircraft)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:17 am 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

Mark Allen M wrote:
Xray wrote:

Just why, Mark? I will admit that when I clicked on the thread, and then saw the subject, I thought that the thread title was ridiculous, too, but that's everywhere nowadays - clickbait titles and overly offended parties on both sides. We don't calm the temperature down by exaggerating about each other, we win by each choosing to be calm and not get frustrated over petty things.

Personally, I don't think there's any significant moral correlation between shooting someone in a parachute and trying to destroy an active, and possibly even successful crew / machine combination who might have shot down a bomber crew 20 minutes prior. That said, there were pilots who viewed the parachute deal differently, too, like Richard Peterson who took his P-51 and shot up the German pilot in the parachute after watching him shoot up the bomber crew. If you are bailing over friendly territory, the chances are you'll be right back in the war within a week, if you are bailing over enemy territory, you are probably out of the war, and there was a moral presumption that you might be surrendering shortly.

The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but safety is of the LORD. - Prov. 21:31 - Train, Practice, Trust.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:23 pm 

Some people cannot take even the most minor of criticism and are apt to go off on a tangent, apparently the OP is one of them.
Equating a helpless pilot dangling on a string in the middle of nowhere getting strafed by a vengeful enemy to a jet being shot down in combat on landing approach is so obviously ridiculous that I'm surprised it even needs to be said.

They were vulnerable, everyone knew that, but not helpless. They had friendly gunners lining their approaches I'm sure, best thing would have been to give the vulnerable jets a CAP when approaching but no doubt the Germans didn't have the manpower or machines to implement such a policy at that point in the war.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I don't know the interests or depth of knowledge of most WIX-ers, but I have always been interested in the limitations of early jets in regard to the long lag time after increasing the throttle. (Drivers of turbocharged cars in the 80-90s knew it as "turbo lag").

We saw it really impact carrier ops, leading to high power landings, and very visibly, the images of B-47s trailing a drouge chute on final to give them drag while operating the engines at high power in case a go around was necessary. Imagine.doing a pretty crude Ground Control approach in IMC,.and have to worry about that as well.
(Cue Jimmy Stewart's landing in Japan at the end of Strategic Air Command.

Even without the chance of being jumped by Mustangs on final, a lot of guys were killed because of that phenomenon.

Note: no was was called a Nazi in the preceding comment. .

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The thread title was an analogy, not a comparison. Most Wixers, who aren’t gullible clickbait conspiracy theorist nut jobs, knew that.

As for the dope who contributes so much positive feedback and Internet forum wisdom in his posts? Of which none actually exists? ….

….. my original response stands!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:14 pm 

Mark Allen M wrote:
The thread title was an analogy, not a comparison

Perfect for a guy so anal, admit that your comparison was ridiculous and move on.
Really, your deep seated angst cannot be good for the blood pressure, and I really don't recall whats causing it.

a·nal·o·gy
/əˈnaləjē/
noun
a comparison between two things, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

For those who have a problem with the thread title, or feel baited, triggered, threatened, spooked, confused or whatever the f**k else this dipsh*t X-ray dude is whining about. Don’t let the thread door hit you in the *ss on your way out, mainly including you x-Tard!!. I have better things to do than waste more time with more of your clown *ss horsesh*t!!.

As I’ve stated numerous times ever since you started trolling this forum years ago …. Go F**k yourself A-hole!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:29 pm 

Poor Nancy, still hasn't got his diapers changed, oh well, carry on !

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:31 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

ENOUGH!!

For cripes sake! Give it a rest! Most of us understood the thread title once we read what it was all about.

And honestly, who cares! It got a good conversation going, for a bit at least.

No, if you are landing or taking off in war, you are fair game. If you are in a chute, then you can be a victim of some malicious action. But then again, it is war.

Nuff said, now move on!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Jesse C. wrote:
ENOUGH!!

Enough!! Is right!! …. I’ve had it!!

I’ve had it with these A-holes who show up and start this garbage. Where’s the moderators? They used to pounce on this kind of crap.

It takes time and effort to generate interesting (IMO) threads. For what?!! So that like-minded enthusiasts may find something interesting and informative to discuss, and perhaps learn something they didn’t know before. No more, no less.

Got a problem with a thread? Its title? Content? Shut your mouth (keyboard) and Move on!!. No one wants to hear your negative and derogatory remarks. Constructive criticism is one thing but asinine comments and trolling pisses people off. And don’t even bring up the old worn “ grow thick skin” BS.

Time once again to take a break from this crap!!!!…. The trolls can have at it!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:25 pm 

I'm not the only one who thought the thread title was ridiculous, I'm sure most did but were/are too intimidated by your online bully persona to say anything, worried about a vulgar hissy fit directed at them like you pulled on me.
I am guessing you are prone to road rage, and flying off the handle if a waitress doesn't get you your glass of water on time, you should try to control your aggressive impulses for your own good, and accept the fact that not everyone thinks like you 24/7.

You have had dozens of posts where I did not say a single thing, one recently I even gave you props and thanked you for, so lets drop this fiction that I am just here to pester you and set you off - Anyone can see who exactly it was who flew off the rails on a tangent here for little or no reason. So yeah, maybe a self imposed time out is exactly what you need, adios.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next