This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

John Lane (AirPower Unlimited) passed away

Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:05 am

Widely regarded as on of the most talented and nicest people you could meet passed away last week. He was responsible for many amazing restorations including FG-1Ds Bu 92436 and 92106.
Blue Skies John.

Re: John Lane (AirPower Unlimited) passed away

Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:38 am

the older i get the more friends i lose, RIP. any word of the cause?

Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:03 am

I saw it posted on FB a few days ago. Sad to hear. He was one of the only guys willing to tackle Corsairs. Anyone have a complete list of aircraft he restored? And for that matter, a list of the projects he had in his possession when he passed?

Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:26 am

Sad to hear this. I never met him, but the regard for his work speaks volumes. My condolences to those who knew him.

Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:09 pm

He was a very talented, knowledgeable, and kind man.

My condolences to his family and many friends.

Lex

Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:12 pm

More info on John’s History and projects can be found here- http://airportjournals.com/john-lanes-a ... storation/

Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:21 pm

Rest in peace!

Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:33 pm

Sure wish I took a better pic, but this is all I have- just after arrival with Gary Koh's very fresh BU92106 at Oshkosh 2003 (lt to rt: Gary, John, Unknown):

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/lh3nae1c ... 2h73q&dl=0

Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:33 pm

Blue skies and thank you for your time and talent...

Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:10 pm

I'm another who knew him only by reputation. My thoughts are with his family, friends and those closest to him. May he rest in peace.

Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:16 pm

John was one of the earliest people I got to know when I was with the CAF, and one of those I have know most of my life. It did not matter how many years since we last talked, it was always like it was yesterday. I last saw John at his shop in Jerome, I had bought my Ercoupe and was flying it home and stopped there just to say Hi. He and his dad are now flying P-38s together.
Post a reply