Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

YAF Thunder over Michigan

Mon Aug 02, 2004 9:46 am

Who is going?

Mon Aug 02, 2004 9:51 am

Catherine and I will be there. We have our symposium tickets.

Does anyone know what the layout of the grounds will be? I will be looking for some shade for Catherine in range of the PA.

Mike

Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:25 pm

There wasn't a lot of shade there when I visited last year, unless you camped out underneath a bomber's wing or stayed inside the YAF's main hanger. There are some trees right outside the hanger that might allow you to hear the PA system and still get some shade, but it's not perfect for viewing the planes that are moving about (unless they're flying overhead).

Otherwise, perhaps an rain umbrella may do the trick to give you portable shade and will tend to come in handy for the occaisonal rain shower (which was the case last year).

I won't be making it this year, so have a good time in my place!

Mark

Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:41 pm

Hi Tim,

Both my brother Dave and I will be in attendance. (With money in hand to give you for a subscription to your new Warbirds journal too.) :wink:

I looked for you at Oshkosh, but never ran into you. Dick Phillips gave me one of your order forms though, so even if I don't catch you next weekend, I will get my subscription sent in.

Looking forward to the show!!!!!

Steve (Praying for good weather) :D

Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:57 pm

Steven M. Dennis wrote:Hi Tim,

Both my brother Dave and I will be in attendance. (With money in hand to give you for a subscription to your new Warbirds journal too.) :wink:

I looked for you at Oshkosh, but never ran into you. Dick Phillips gave me one of your order forms though, so even if I don't catch you next weekend, I will get my subscription sent in.

Looking forward to the show!!!!!

Steve (Praying for good weather) :D

Hi Steve:

You won't be able to miss us :D We have a big tent on the grass in front of the museum. Looking forward to putting a face to the name!

Tim

Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:56 pm

I believe I might just go Tim... :0) Jim

Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:24 pm

I will be there also, leaving for MI on Wednesday night. I am also looking to sign up for a subscription at the show..............Roger

Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:06 pm

I will be there first thing Saturday morning.

Eric

Mon Aug 02, 2004 9:40 pm

Hi--

I'll be there at opening Saturday, unless WX forces a switch to Sunday...

And I intend subscribing to WD also; will you be accepting VISA?

Cheers

Steve T

Mon Aug 02, 2004 9:46 pm

Steve,
Visa, Master Card, Loonies.... whatever you've got... we'll take it! :0) Looking forward to seeing everyone again! Jim

Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:44 am

You know I'll Be there! Remember...be nice to the fuel guys. :P

Tim, it looks like they took away my purple shirts. I'm so lost without them, I don't know what I'm going to do with out them. 8)

See you all there!

Paul

Re: YAF Thunder over Michigan

Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:52 pm

I'm not really sure there will be enough TBMs to make it worth the drive :D

See ya all in a few days,

Jim
Last edited by AirJimL2 on Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:25 pm

I think I'll drive up there for the Saturday show, depending on the weather.

Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:29 pm

I would like to shake your hand Brad.

Todd... Are you reading this? Can we can another announcement like last year? Perhaps a WIX meet around 4:30 PM?

Mike

Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:22 pm

darn, I can't believe my bad luck. I'll be in the central Michigan area starting the 14th!

Ack, I'm a week too late!!
Post a reply