Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

FINALLY!!! My Duxford Pics Are Posted!

Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:44 pm

This is old news now, but I visited Duxford on June 1st. I took a number of pictures, and they are now posted on Webshots...

http://community.webshots.com/album/153309675KHtNGr

Photography there was challenging. There was heavy overcast, with occasional rain. The light wasn't consistent indoors, and of course many aircraft were painted in dark colours. On top of all of this I was not using a tri-pod. Despite this I think I was albe to make a decent selection of photos.

Regards,

Mike
Last edited by mrhenniger on Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:56 pm

Mike,

Nice pics. Sure I hope I make it there one day.

Eric

Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:37 am

Great shots.

AIRIC, GO!
its great. That is the one of the only reasons I crossed the Irish Sea.

victor

Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:34 am

Mike great pics!
Did you happen to notice if the victor was getting any tlc at all?

Re: victor

Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:47 am

peter wrote:Mike great pics!
Did you happen to notice if the victor was getting any tlc at all?

Nope. Just sitting outside. Looks like it could at least use a new coat of paint.

Mike

Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:05 pm

Which aiframe is this? (see first picture in this album)...

http://community.webshots.com/album/123261802lGxsiI

I am not even sure what the type is.

Mike

Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:23 pm

Looks like a DH Comet Jet Airliner

Eric

Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:13 pm

I was at Duxford two years ago. It doesn't look like anything has changed on the Sea fury, P-51C, Gladiator, Beau. or Yak 3. My pics are almost identical.

Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:30 pm

mike furline wrote:I was at Duxford two years ago. It doesn't look like anything has changed on the Sea fury, P-51C, Gladiator, Beau. or Yak 3. My pics are almost identical.

I was there in '99 and wanted to say the same thing! Must have too many projects in the queue- but I thought they were working on the Mustang pretty regularly?

Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:59 pm

Guys

Just because there is no 'visible progress' doesn't mean they aren't being worked on, especially the Beau. There is a huge amount of sub assemblies etc that are consuming the hours.

Dave

Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:26 am

AIRIC wrote:Looks like a DH Comet Jet Airliner

I didn't see that. The wing root does look large enough that the wings could house the engines. I'll have to compare my picture with other Comet pics.

BTW... I just got a note from Webshots. There were 2,539 views in my albums this week. From what I under stand a view counts as a hit on an album, or in other words a movement into an album. I would say WIX has a few lurkers. :wink:

Mike

Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:11 am

Its not a Comet but the fuselage of HP81 Hermes 4 G-ALDG

More info here http://www.das.org.uk/hermes.htm

Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:47 am

Manonthefence wrote:Its not a Comet but the fuselage of HP81 Hermes 4 G-ALDG

Thank-you sir!

Mike
Post a reply