Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post subject: Hey Matt!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:09 am 

Matt, did you check out my post in the flea market about ebay bits? or get my email for that matter as there's a wirraway maintenance and overhaul manual on there. if you need a hand getting it just email me. I think you have the address.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:07 am 
Maker of Spiffy models

Just received my first issue.

I must say that I'm impressed!! Very nice photos, excellent subjects! Keep it coming.

My only remark comes from the way it's shipped, mine arrived with a nasty bend in the middle. I guess there's not much we can do to prevent that without upping the costs!

:cry:

Can't wait to read it (that'll be later today!)

Post subject: warbirs digest
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:26 pm 
Great Magazine!!!!! Cant wait till the next one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 4:50 pm 
Maker of Spiffy models

I read it and I must say that I'm totally impressed!

Keep it up boys!! Now, when are you going to run an article on the P-3? Eric wants to shoot some air-to-air with it! 8)

If I may, some suggestions/thoughts :

- it would be very nice to have a simple index at the end of each year, on separate sheets. Just a few photocopied pages would be perfect and would make it so much easier to find a particular article.

- safety articles --> a must. That's one thing I love with the EAA Warbird mag, they run these great articles on past accidents and provide insights on how to best be prepared to avoid or face such events. I'm sure we all know we can't make all the mistakes ourselves.

If I think of something else, I'll let you know!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:18 pm 
S/N Geek

Ollie wrote:
- it would be very nice to have a simple index at the end of each year, on separate sheets. Just a few photocopied pages would be perfect and would make it so much easier to find a particular article.

I have been thinking of this one myself Tim. Perhaps some available in an electonic format and searchable? Something that has every s/n, c/n, c/r, aircraft nickname, owner name, restorer, etc. listed that can be searched. Perhaps at the end of each year a CD is mailed with the added information for that year, along with the information from the previous years (could create a demand for back issues). Or maybe instead of a mailed CD (you also want to keep costs low) something similar that can be emailed.

Just thinking out loud.

Ollie wrote:
- safety articles --> a must. That's one thing I love with the EAA Warbird mag, they run these great articles on past accidents and provide insights on how to best be prepared to avoid or face such events. I'm sure we all know we can't make all the mistakes ourselves.

Not to make light of a serious subject... But I think what you are trying to say is that every person can only make one serious mistake. :wink:

Actually that is another article I quite enjoyed. Even though I am not a pilot, I enjoyed the safety article as it helped me to appreciate even more the performances I have witnessed at previous shows, including the one my Mr. Snodgrass in Excalibur at Yankee. Wow!

Mike

http://www.facebook.com/AerialVisuals

Do you want to find locations of displayed, stored or active aircraft? Then start with the The Locator.
Do you want to find or contribute to the documented history of an aircraft? If so then start with the Airframes Database.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:29 pm 
Maker of Spiffy models

Mike, you need help. Professional help!

What are you going to do with all those little numbers of yours?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject: Brad Hood's article
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:06 pm 
Terrific article by Brad. Well written about a subject that all warbird pilots and fans are vitally interested in.
The entire issue is terrific.
Nathan's Mustang is beautiful and the other articles interesting.
Overall a great effort.
Congratulations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:54 pm 
S/N Geek

Ollie wrote:
Mike, you need help. Professional help!

Yeah yeah yeah... I keep forgetting to set-up another appointment with the shrink! :lol:

Mike

http://www.facebook.com/AerialVisuals

Do you want to find locations of displayed, stored or active aircraft? Then start with the The Locator.
Do you want to find or contribute to the documented history of an aircraft? If so then start with the Airframes Database.