Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post subject: RULES
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:05 am 
WRG Editor
WRG Editor

1. Only aviation related items should be listed here. If you want to list something else e-mail me first.
    - Aircraft parts
    - models etc...
    - Othe aviation related items

2. The WRG does not take responsibility for any transactions that take place here so buyer beware.

3. You must be a registered user to post here.

4. The rules may change without notice.

Be civil, be polite, be nice.... or be elsewhere.
-------------------------------------------------------
This site is brought to you with the support of members like you. If you find this site to be of value to you,
consider supporting this forum and the Warbirds Resource Group with a VOLUNTARY subscription
For as little as $2/month you can help ($2 x 12 = $24/year, less than most magazine subscriptions)
So If you like it here, and want to see it grow, consider helping out.

Thanks to everyone who has so generously supported the site. We really do appreciate it.

Follow us on Twitter! @WIXHQ

Post subject: Re: RULES
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:06 am 

[i]Hi Scott. My name is Jim. I just registered a few hours ago and i posted in the parts forum about the availability of the last Howard 500 built, #17 or 105-117. The post is awaiting approval per Your normal channels.
[
Just wanted to acquaint myself to You. This airplane runs and can be a ferryable Bird w/ some TLC. if i get the proper interest, i will put together a spec sheet, find out about logs and list the requisite work in order to prep for a Ferry permit.The biggest speed bumps are a panel and a windshield. The spares include a set of windshields and a complete panel. The other snag is a cowling section was stolen, but i am told there are 350 cowlings available and interchangeability is not an issue./i] I would like to see this Bird stay in the West...most preferably moved to So-Cal....Hemet Ryan if my prayers were answered. This is a matter of the Soul and really want to see Her restored. i would like to be involved in said restoration.

I'll keep it short....Hope you find this interesting....a Rare Bear indeed...one of the most awesome aircraft ever built. Sincerely....JSB
PS.... i was born in San Antone, spent a lot of time on the field next to Howard Aero and would go there with my Old Man. Dad flew a Lodestar purchased thru Dee & Ed for Longhorn Portland Cement in San Antonio.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:50 am 

Scott....my post for Ham Standrd blades & parts seems to have disappeared...sincerely jim

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:53 am 

Sorry Scott, i found it. jim

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:07 am 

Hello, I was just going to comment and let you know I may have double posted. I had registered and posted a topic yesterday but missed the part about you having to approve it before it would show up, I just thought I must have gotten busy and not submitted it so I made a post this morning for the same thing and that's when I read the part about it having to be approved first. So I wanted to apologize for the double post and see if one could be deleted. Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:11 pm 

I am new to the site. I am looking for an airframe in any condition with or without engine for a F4F, FM2, TBF, or F4U to restore for a static display at our new Veteran's Park. How do I go about posting that information? Thanks.