Switch to full style
Welcome to the trans-global aviation parts market. If you have aviation related items to sell (parts, whole aircraft, or even flying squirrels) or if you need to buy something then post a message here.
Post a reply

Re: Spammer Onslaught

Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:35 am

DanielBlimb

Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:36 am

MichaelMop

JeromePreap

Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:13 am

This has gotten much worse over the past week!

LazyDit

Williamrew

Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:40 am

CHRonaldgramy

Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:38 am

But wait! There's more:

Jasonbig

Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:36 am

BobbyStart

Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:25 am

How many new members does the forum get every day? Would monitoring new members by moderator approval of first "any number of" posts be to big a task or a solution to the increasing number of spammers?

Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:31 am

Christer wrote:How many new members does the forum get every day? Would monitoring new members by moderator approval of first "any number of" posts be to big a task or a solution to the increasing number of spammers?

90% of the new "members" are spammers with about 95% of those spammer accounts being blocked by the anti-spammer measures currently in place. However, these are really only effective vs. spam-bots. A small percentage of spammers use "farms" that employ people in sweatshops that manually create accounts. This, along with certain other tricks, can bypass automated anti-spam defenses. I've had two other forums destroyed by spammers, but I think the defenses on WIX are pretty good now. Granted, its not perfect but it is not as onerous as it once was. It also helps when people report spammer accounts.

Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:15 am

It also helps when people report spammer accounts.

I report those spam topics/posts that are created by someone with a low postcount (new member). On many occasions, the spam topic/post has already been reported. Would it be possible to set the forum software to remove the red exclamation mark once the spam topic/post has been reported?

Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:39 am

mrRandallWaime

Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:14 am

New work schedule coming up will allow me to hang out at the Local CAF wing more often and play with "Maid in the Shade" and "Sentimental Journey", so that is good news for me. Mostly I will probably just lurk.

Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:30 am

scarletrjs

Pretty ballsy to post in this very thread too...

Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:05 pm

CAPFlyer wrote:scarletrjs

Pretty ballsy to post in this very thread too...

I'm not sure he is a spammer, other than his signature his 4 posts are all relevent unlike most spammers, I'll keep an eye on him.

Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:34 am

JamesLew

T J

Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:03 pm

MatthewHes

beachwc

pawgstwerk
Post a reply