Switch to full style
This section is for any threads on Helldiver projects currently in restoration
Post a reply

Helldiver for the USAFM

Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:24 pm

Hey guys, maybe this is one someone can help me out on. The museum is having a Helldiver restored for the collection at Dayton by Mike Rawson, but everyone I talk to knows nothing abou it. Does anyone know how close it might be to being complete?

Re: Helldiver for the USAFM

Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:54 pm

mustangdriver wrote:Hey guys, maybe this is one someone can help me out on. The museum is having a Helldiver restored for the collection at Dayton by Mike Rawson, but everyone I talk to knows nothing abou it. Does anyone know how close it might be to being complete?

Type- Helldiver- in the search engine on this site and it will turn up loads of info and pictures for you. Including pictures that are less than a month old...

Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:26 pm

Is it really that much of a problem if someone asks a question that has already been discussed?

Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:52 pm

Sorry about that guys, I did not notice the search engine on the site. :cry:

???

Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:04 pm

You are forgiven my son.....
How, off with his head!!! :D

Re: ???

Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:24 pm

Jack Cook wrote:You are forgiven my son.....
How, off with his head!!! :D

How ? a axe works, so does a sword. either way is messy, would be better if it was done off the board. :lol:

Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:38 pm

Karpis wrote:Is it really that much of a problem if someone asks a question that has already been discussed?

Only if it has been discussed more than 20 times :wink:

Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:19 am

Mustangdriver:

Ask, ask, ask!

If it has been already discussed, someone will either provide you with the information or will point you in the right direction.

Not everyone is aware of the features of a given web-site, and some people -such as myself- quite often write something and then later, realize that it had already been covered.

I do not believe that it is an offense to ask about something that has been covered, and we should be more hospitable to the new guys.

Just my dos centavos.

Tulio

Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:48 am

I agree Tulio! It never hurts to ask.

Mike

Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:46 am

Roger that. Will do. I wonder what the tiem frame is to actually getting this thing into the museum display building? It looks like he has doen a great job. I know it was really rough when he started it.

Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:37 am

Mike Rawson is a WIX'r and I'm sure he will chime in here with an update.

Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:40 am

That is what is so awsome about this place, is that the real warbird people are here. I love this place.

Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:32 pm

Hi Mustangdriver; Never be afraid to ask questions on the wix board, it amaizes my at the info you can get at your finger tips. :wink: As for the A-25 the army version of the SB2C it will roll out before 6-1-07 its close now but still plenty left. :roll: Do a search for A-25 to see the postsand photos of the progress. More photos will go up before it leaves here . :shock: Thanks Mike

Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:50 pm

Hey Mike,
Thanks for the info. I am a volunteer there, and always see the empty spot in the hangar where it is going. I can't wait to see her. Keep up the great work.

Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:59 pm

Hi Mustangdriver; General Metcalf and Greg Hassler were here on the 30th for an inspection and were happy with the restoration. We agreed on a completion date of June first. They have decided to paint it after shipping to save on marking up the paint job. That hole will be filled soon. Thanks Mike
Post a reply