Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:40 pm 

I'm looking for a current T-6 inspection manual / checklist for an Annual.

I have copies of :

T.O. 00-20A-2-AT-6 - Aircraft Inspection and Maintenance Guide for AT-6 Aircraft (last revised 1947)
T.O. 1T-6C-6 Handbook Inspection requirements USAF Model T-6 (last revised 1956)

Is there anything else out there more current? What does everyone else use ?

thanks, JH

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:39 pm 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

Speeddemon651 wrote:
I'm looking for a current T-6 inspection manual / checklist for an Annual.

I have copies of :

T.O. 00-20A-2-AT-6 - Aircraft Inspection and Maintenance Guide for AT-6 Aircraft (last revised 1947)
T.O. 1T-6C-6 Handbook Inspection requirements USAF Model T-6 (last revised 1956)

Is there anything else out there more current? What does everyone else use ?

thanks, JH

What country are you operating in? If USA is it Standard Category or Experimental?
What model are you working on?

I make up my own list based on experience, manuals and FAR Part 43, Appdix D. But that FAR is applicable for US A/C in addition to ADs that have been issued.

Remember an Injured Youth
benstear.org
#64- Stay Strong and Keep the Faith

BOOM BOOM, ROUND ROUND, PROPELLER GO

Don't Be A Dilbert!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:46 pm 

US, Standard Category. Is a 49 T-6G. It should be current on AD's, I' just switching mechanics and was wondering what the rest of the country does.

thanks, JH

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:24 pm 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

Speeddemon651 wrote:
US, Standard Category. Is a 49 T-6G. It should be current on AD's, I' just switching mechanics and was wondering what the rest of the country does.

thanks, JH

For a G you need the G manual series as they fit the A/C and are usually the latest dates. The Harvard Mk 4 manuals are pretty similar and Late time frame as well although they would be considered a reference.
For insp though the T-6G list of manuals lists both a 1T-6C-6 and references the same under 1T-6G-6. My copy is revised in 56.
The Canadians list 05 55A-7A for Periodical Inspections for the 2, 2A and 4. Their is no date given for that manual but it is listed in the Maint manual that was last revised in 62.
My only suggestion is that you take it to someone who is familiar with the T-6 and even other warbirds. If you go to someone who hasn't worked on them you will be paying for their learning curve. Particularly if changing a tire is involved, I've seen a puncture with cracks where the inside of the tube sits from some form of tire changing abuse. Also anything to do with the fuel system, it's selector linkage and selector in particular.
Does it need valves adjusted or the AD on the cylinder heads performed? Their are different methods for the adjustment.
There are many gotchas with any particular A/C and the more informed and experienced the workers the better off you and your A/C are.
I wish you the best.

Remember an Injured Youth
benstear.org
#64- Stay Strong and Keep the Faith

BOOM BOOM, ROUND ROUND, PROPELLER GO

Don't Be A Dilbert!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:23 pm 

I do have the full set of G manuals and was planning to do most of the work with the IA mechanic. Basically I'm looking to have him look over my shoulder and sign off. The plane only has 150 hours on a firewall forward overhaul and to checking the valves, I'll most likely call on the help of a local Sterman pilot who is also an A&P. I do actually need a new rear tire tube as the current one leaks down over a week or two, so I'm going to replace the tube and tire while I'm at it. Everything on the plane should be very straight forward and the only thing I'm anticipating being a possible problem is the hydraulic system. I have a few very very small leaks and I hope the actuator just aft of the firewall does not need to be rebuilt. If usually leaks a very little just behind the oil cooler cowling.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:35 am 

The "actuator just behind the firewall" sounds more like your brake master cylinder leaking...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:04 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

AvroAvian wrote:
The "actuator just behind the firewall" sounds more like your brake master cylinder leaking...

The 'Actuator behind the firewall' sounds like a pilot problem, like 'the nut behind the yoke' or 'short between the headsets' :D :D