Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:44 pm 
Quote:
Removing your content and contributions to the forum in a form of silent protest is juvenile and anti-social. If you don't like the policies of the forum then go away and start your own.

Removing my content and contributions would not be junenile, but rather a way to remove my juvenile content and contributions ... :wink:

I guarantee all the supposed members who claim to have left WIX in disgust are actually still with us and always have been and are reading this thread with great entertainment. Notice the view count! ... Never ceases to amaze me how so many who claim to be turned off by all the drama and self-centered B.S. end up following and posting to such threads. There's a word for that isn't there? .... I've said it so many times my fingers get tired of typing it .... If you don't care for a thread, don't read it and don't post in it .... pretty simple!! ... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:57 am 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

o great, now I have to go and delete all my posts :( Thanks a LOT Mark ! :P

"I knew the jig was up when I saw the P-51D-20-NA Mustang blue-nosed bastards from Bodney, and by the way the blue was more of a royal blue than an indigo and the inner landing gear interiors were NOT green, over Berlin."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:28 pm 
muddyboots wrote:
o great, now I have to go and delete all my posts :( Thanks a LOT Mark ! :P

Your posts SUCK!!! anyway boots ... :wink:

Boring, Boring, Boring!!!! ... haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:56 pm 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

Quote:
Maybe you could train the mods when they remove a post to give a reason why

Because its in the wrong section . Why do people get a hissy fit when a thread is moved someplace else? Is it really that hard to find where it went? There is usually a message box that will tell you where the thread has been moved to.

Quote:
I find it funny how mods will move threads all over the site because their in the wrong section then post their crap in the wrong section, maybe they should lead by example?

Yeah your right. I made a mistake and posted something off topic in the WIX HANGER. Don't blast all the other mods for it. :idea:

Quote:
thinned skinned American mods.

I quit the job. Happy? :idea:

Quote:
I'm disappointed that apparently the ownership of a Spitfire, to some people, means that people deserve special treatment.

I like Bill for Bill not because he owns a spitfire. Sucking up to someone just because they own a warbird is not right. Sadly I feel thats what has happened around here some. "Bring Bill back becasue he owns a spitfire". :twisted: You all know thats what you really want to say. :idea: :!: :wink:

Quote:
I watched a Mod get beat up the other day by a couple of vocal people, and felt sorry for the guy, as he was just trying to put stuff where he thought it belonged. As I have for some time now I stayed out of it.

I appreciate the sympathy Roger. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:18 pm 
WRG Editor
WRG Editor

Ontario-Warbird wrote:

Scott WRG Editor wrote:
Removing your content and contributions to the forum in a form of silent protest is juvenile and anti-social. If you don't like the policies of the forum then go away and start your own.

There's the door, don't let it hit you on the way out.

Well Scott I find this quote very juvenile, since in the banning thread when a forum member lost it on you I was the first to defend you. My images and video are MINE and I will do as I please with them.

Maybe you could train the mods when they remove a post to give a reason why ( I mentioned this before in a thread and got no response. ( typical )

So now you can go back to the mods only section and bash me and August some more ( Yes I hear what goes on in their too, and I am the juvenile :twisted: )

We will talk more in person at Geneseo :roll:

Dave

What I meant to say, and it might have come across quite correctly is that removing your posts is sort of like taking your ball and going home because of something you didn't like. When you post something here you contribute to the overall structure of this place. They are statements you make and they belong here. I have some rules that need to be followed for the welfare of the community but I think I'm fairly flexible (or as some have PM'd me, spineless) in my interpretations of these rules. I can't please everybody all the time and I can't police this place all the time. The mods do thier best but please remember they are VOLUNTEERS. No one gets paid and none of us can watch this place 24/7. I get e-mails all the time and sometimes get a follow up e-mail angrily demanding why I haven't responded, even if only 20 minutes have passed. I hate to break it to you, I'm 2-3 YEARS behind in some of the stuff for the registry. If all 4000+ people registered want to subscribe for $2 a month then I will spend all my time on the site. But until then it is a volunteer site, imperfect that it is. And by withdrawing your history from the site diminishes that, which angers and saddens me. And unfortunately, it is apparently only when I get mad to people listen.

I consider you a friend Dave, and I will buy you a beer at Geneseo, but I am disappointed that you chose the route you did.

Be civil, be polite, be nice.... or be elsewhere.
-------------------------------------------------------
This site is brought to you with the support of members like you. If you find this site to be of value to you,
consider supporting this forum and the Warbirds Resource Group with a VOLUNTARY subscription
For as little as $2/month you can help ($2 x 12 = $24/year, less than most magazine subscriptions)
So If you like it here, and want to see it grow, consider helping out.

Thanks to everyone who has so generously supported the site. We really do appreciate it.

Follow us on Twitter! @WIXHQ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

scott, for the sake of your site & sanity slap the lock down on this thread!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:32 pm 
WRG Editor
WRG Editor

tom d. friedman wrote:
scott, for the sake of your site & sanity slap the lock down on this thread!!

Heh, thanks for the concern Tom. For now though I will leave this open as a vent for this issue. If it gets too outta hand it will have to go though.

Be civil, be polite, be nice.... or be elsewhere.
-------------------------------------------------------
This site is brought to you with the support of members like you. If you find this site to be of value to you,
consider supporting this forum and the Warbirds Resource Group with a VOLUNTARY subscription
For as little as $2/month you can help ($2 x 12 = $24/year, less than most magazine subscriptions)
So If you like it here, and want to see it grow, consider helping out.

Thanks to everyone who has so generously supported the site. We really do appreciate it.

Follow us on Twitter! @WIXHQ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:59 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Wow, guess I need to check other posts. I did not realise that I was a person living in the hills during the cuban missle crisis.

I hope things go well. Scott, do what you need to do so some of us good guys can get our warbird fix on a daily basis. Because of wix, I no longer hit the magazine rack at barnes & noble cause its OLD NEWS.

As for the people who get banned, let them throw a fit!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bfgn2lOSx6M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:40 pm 

You know... this is all kinda funny in a way. Not to put down anyone's position...
You got one side complaining about the other side. He/She offended me. They are different... Let us ban... Let us pull images... Let us muster forces...

But I was talking to my wife about all of this, and she say," I don't get it..."
"You complain... but when that warbird flys over all of you stop and look. You guys really are all alike. What is the difference between WIX members anyway?"

So I guess it is sorta funny.
Ten years from now all of this drama will not matter. But I bet most of us will still look up when that warbird goes over in ten years.

So I guess I will have to get over any drama I feel... and laugh...
Because this is somewhat funny guys. Don't you think so?

http://www.airport-data.com/photographe ... arma;1045/
bluedharmawix@gmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:13 pm 

Bluedharma wrote:

Quote:
Ten years from now all of this drama will not matter.

Actually, none of it really matters now.

"I spent most of my money on alcohol, women and skyraiders....and the rest of it I just wasted."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:14 pm 

EDowning wrote:

Well put... but at least your "avatar" is laughing...

http://www.airport-data.com/photographe ... arma;1045/
bluedharmawix@gmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:20 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

EDowning wrote:
Bluedharma wrote:

Quote:
Ten years from now all of this drama will not matter.

as always, Eric is seriously mistaken.

"I knew the jig was up when I saw the P-51D-20-NA Mustang blue-nosed bastards from Bodney, and by the way the blue was more of a royal blue than an indigo and the inner landing gear interiors were NOT green, over Berlin."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:05 am 
You guys still rambling about this nonsense? Greenwood's gone, get over it, I did my part to bring the kook back, it didn't work, I could care less now and I finally have moved on to hopefully better, more fun things. You got moderators, you got members, members out number moderators, moderators have pull over members. Let the moderators do what ever it is they do and get over it. Here's some advise kids, stay clear of your WIX moderators. They usually do a good job, they screw up at times too, just like all the rest of us. But you have a guy named Scott who owns the place, so do what he says to do or get lost. It's not a democracy here. So figure it out, shut the f*ck up, and play by the rules. If you can't handle it ... don't let the door hit you in the *ss on the way out, like it probably will with me soon. I have a different mindset and we'll see how long I last. But I'll tell you this kids. I won't look back and ask for forgiveness if I get booted and I don't need any lecture from any premadonna's here who think their my mother, you take care of you, I'll take care of me. But thanks for the PM's. I'll have a good reason to get the boot if I do for some reason and I won't want to come back if I do. You can count on that. I'm just fine here for now, and our moderators are just fine in my WIX world as well. We'll keep the peace, but it's always a fine line for me. I cross the line ... you man up and boot me, I don't cross the line, you man up and take it!!! ... sounds fair to me .... No threats, no promises.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:02 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Hellcat wrote:
You guys still rambling about this nonsense? Greenwood's gone, get over it, I did my part to bring the kook back, it didn't work, I could care less now and I finally have moved on to hopefully better, more fun things. You got moderators, you got members, members out number moderators, moderators have pull over members. Let the moderators do what ever it is they do and get over it. Here's some advise kids, stay clear of your WIX moderators. They usually do a good job, they screw up at times too, just like all the rest of us. But you have a guy named Scott who owns the place, so do what he says to do or get lost. It's not a democracy here. So figure it out, shut the f*ck up, and play by the rules. If you can't handle it ... don't let the door hit you in the *ss on the way out, like it probably will with me soon. I have a different mindset and we'll see how long I last. But I'll tell you this kids. I won't look back and ask for forgiveness if I get booted and I don't need any lecture from any premadonna's here who think their my mother, you take care of you, I'll take care of me. But thanks for the PM's. I'll have a good reason to get the boot if I do for some reason and I won't want to come back if I do. You can count on that. I'm just fine here for now, and our moderators are just fine in my WIX world as well. We'll keep the peace, but it's always a fine line for me. I cross the line ... you man up and boot me, I don't cross the line, you man up and take it!!! ... sounds fair to me .... No threats, no promises.

You complete me. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:13 am 

Somehow, I completely missed this thread until now.

So... some people got booted out ? That's fine by me and it remains the absolute right of the site owner/admin/mods, etc. to do so when someone is deemed to exceed the boundaries.

Every forum has its rules and it's our responsability to remain within them, or else ! I am glad you applied the "or else" if it serves to keep this awesome forum alive.

In my humble opinion, closing it would be a terrible loss for the community of warbirds lovers.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next