Switch to full style
Since people seem to think that the off-topic section is for political discussion, something that is frowned upon, I have temporarily closed the section. ANY political discussions in any other forum will be deleted and the user suspended. I have had it with the politically motivated comments.
Post a reply

Victory at Sea DVD's

Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:45 pm

Have seen this on the History channel recently. The entire 26 series collection of Victory at Sea is for sale at www.buyvictoryatsea.com with shipping and handling for only $26.90. How do they do that? Seems too cheap, and yet, I'l buy it to replace my video collection with the thinner DVD's.

No, I have no relation to this sale, just find it to be a great bargain for a series such as VAV.........

Re: Victory at Sea DVD's

Fri May 03, 2019 10:02 am

Each night I have been watching one episode of my late father's Victory at Sea DVD. It's as great as I remembered. We sure used to enjoy watching those together back in the '70's. I bet you all had that going on too. Of course now, with all this updated intelligence, I can spot quite a few glaring errors. But I don't really mind. Not too keen on airplane models though! I didn't want to start a new thread, so for the first time ever I went a' searchin'. I think a new thread would not have been out of order in this case. Alot of what you see isn't really explained but that's OK, it just set off a lifetime of wonder and pursuit. For a "sea" show, aircraft factor in mightily! THE decisive weapon of war. This series may indeed be the very origin of my obsession/hobby. My copy is way grainy but maybe the very best of sets is equally so. Almost seems like a more HD remake would be in order, but even done shot for shot, it couldn't possibly be as dramatic. The narration, the soundtrack, really just about perfect. In "Mare Nostrum" last night, an Italian seaplane catapults-- never seen that one before. I think maybe the audience for this kind of stuff is gone. Have you noticed how little WW2 documentaries they show nowadays? It's almost like they don't want us to know about all that anymore....
Post a reply