Switch to full style
Since people seem to think that the off-topic section is for political discussion, something that is frowned upon, I have temporarily closed the section. ANY political discussions in any other forum will be deleted and the user suspended. I have had it with the politically motivated comments.
Post a reply

the irony of 5 cast members from the old hogan's heroes

Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:05 pm

the irony of 5 of the high profile cast members of the 60's tv show Hogan's Heroes!!! robert clary (corporal lebeau) survived the buchenwald death camp as a jewish prisoner. werner klemperer, (colonel klink) john banner (sergeant shultz) and leon askin (general burkhalter), were all fugitive jews of nazi occupied europe before before the war, & escaped before the actual blatant anti-semitism took place. those 3 knew what the future held for jewish people. the 5th person howard caine, original last name was cohen, (major hochstetter) was a u.s. born jew. clary, i knew about, but the other four men ???? i didn't have a clue that they were jewish as well!! i must commend klemperer, banner, askin, & especially caine who all wore actual ww2 uniforms of the then enemy. i mention caine especially because as a jewish actor who portrayed the most hated & feared barbarians donned a gestapo / ss uniform on every show he participated in. i admire the spirit those 5 had on that show!!

Re: the irony of 5 cast members from the old hogan's heroes

Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:07 pm

Part of the agreement for klemperer to play klink was that the germans never win, another piece of trivia, Sgt Shultz never carried a german Mauser K98 during the show, he was carrying a US Model 1898 Krag

Re: the irony of 5 cast members from the old hogan's heroes

Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:55 pm

Neat...
Post a reply