Switch to full style
Since people seem to think that the off-topic section is for political discussion, something that is frowned upon, I have temporarily closed the section. ANY political discussions in any other forum will be deleted and the user suspended. I have had it with the politically motivated comments.
Post a reply

"Col Rohr" is getting a new engine...

Sun May 22, 2016 9:01 am

For those of you that know "Col" Robert Rohr you may be aware of his rapidly declining health. Rob was born with a heart condition and now almost 50 years later he has been debilitated to using oxygen and taxiing around in a wheel chair. A few minutes ago I received a call from him, he has been on the Heart Transplant list for almost 3 years, at noon today he goes under the knife to have a new heart installed. I know his bullheaded opinions my have offended a few of you out here over the years, but for today, please keep him in your thoughts, and send him some positive energy. Thanks.

Re: "Col Rohr" is getting a new engine...

Sun May 22, 2016 9:29 am

Don't know the guy personally, butt heads with him here once about nothing important. He does have a hot button I've noticed from time to time which can take a turn for the worse, so he reminds me of .... well me. ;)
That being said, he also has my respect and admiration for his efforts in the warbird world. Although it's saddening to hear about his heart condition, his heart for all things warbird has always been in the right place as far as I could see. He deserves compassion and respect of which he has more than earned. I can butt heads with the best of them and the worst of them, but I can also shake their hands and thank them for teaching me things about old airplanes I never knew before. he has done this for me. Mr. Rohr will always have my respect and compassion, now more than ever.

I wish him the very best with what has to be an awful and frightening time in his life. I hope he has much support from family and friends and I know those of us who have a heart that works properly will take a moment and send him a little prayer.

Rob, fight like h*ll and come back to your folks a new healthy man. Your work on this planet is not done yet.

M

Sun May 22, 2016 9:59 am

Best wishes for him, this procedure is very successful these days.

He's fortunate they found him a heart.

Sun May 22, 2016 10:09 am

Here's wishing for the best for Col "Roar"

All the best to family and friends during the engine change.

Andy Scott

Sun May 22, 2016 11:01 am

Best wishes to him!

Mon May 23, 2016 1:05 pm

Best thoughts for the Col. Drew, please keep us advised on his status.

Wed May 25, 2016 11:46 am

Rob survived the procedure. He has a long road ahead of him to recuperate. As of last night he had not come fully awake but was responding to verbal commands etc. All his vitals appear good and they are slowly reducing the outside mechanical assistance.
as per his Dad
"A couple things took place then, other than closing the chest up the major thing was that the docs removed the permanent IED as it is no longer needed. Yes that is the same one that kept him alive a couple of weeks ago. He returned to the ICU around 7 and I got to go in and see him before calling it a night. Everything is doing just great, the bloating or swelling that has been present for the last few years has already started to go away, isn't it wonderful what proper circulation can do.The plan is to start reducing the dependence on external machines and turn more and more over to his lungs and heart, timing will depend on how well his body reacts and picks up the load."

Wed May 25, 2016 1:46 pm

Thanks for the update Drew. Please let his dad know that the entire family is in our thoughts as they journey through this.

Wed May 25, 2016 10:02 pm

Get well soon.... :drink3:

Phil

Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:39 pm

Wishing you a speedy recovery, Col.

Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:06 am

Glad the Col. is doing well. Kind of a timely topic as the Dr. has just told me that I might have to get a new used ticker shortly.

Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:39 am

Drew: Any updates on Rob?

Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:38 am

Any news on the Col......

Hoping all is well with him....

Sincerely....

Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:33 am

The Col was recuperating very well from the Heart replacement but had some nasty complications from a hernia surgery a few weeks ago. He is in the hospital as we speak but till most assuredly with us. I'll pass your thoughts on to him. I'm sure it will make him happy.

Drew
Post a reply